Chevrolet Astro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Astro
- what other vehicles front differentials will fit a 98 astro van ? 3.42 / gu6
- Moaning sound from engine compartment. Seems to get louder when pressing brake.
- Have check engine light on, computer said random muti miss-fire?
- check engine. random multi miss fire. Changed plugs wires cap rotor. Knock senso
- how do you remove gas tank from 2005 astro. It is a plastic tank with shield.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Chevrolet Astro Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
On vans with rear AC, the AC may stop blowing cold air due to a damaged AC line near the back of the engine. It is common for these lines to rub on the engine block, causing a hole in the line and a refrigerant leak.
Chevrolet Astro Questions
front differentials gear ratio is 3.42 , its a gu6 differential out of a 98 all wheel drive astro van .
Brake pedal seems to travel more toward the floor than typical. Fluid level is OK. Noise gets louder when pressing brake pedal. This noise is present when sitting parked and running;noise doesn't go away when moving.
I changed plugs wires cap rotor knock sensor, Still cant get code out. Some parts changed more than once. Fuel filter pump air filter cam and crank sensor distribator gear. Checked for vacuum leaks. At end of road need to pass emissions to register van. Any help
Chevrolet Astro Recalls
An interference fit between the lower ball joint rubber boot and the steering knuckle may cause the rubber boot to be cut. This would allow entry of water, dirt, salt, or other contaminants, possibly leading to premature wear. Failure from premature wear could lead to separation of the steering knuckle and lower control arm, which would cause the vehicle to drop at the affected corner. Vehicle handling and braking could be compromised, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering knuckles. The recall began April 8, 2004. The GM recall number is 03044.
Chevrolet Astro Reviews
636,000 MILES= SAME MOTOR AND TRANS. STERRING AND SUSPENSION REPAIRS-FUEL PUMP NEEDS RELOCATING ALONG FRAME RAIL TO AVOID THE COST AND TIME AND TOW WHEN IT GOES-GARAGES THINK ITS A MINI VAN AND CRUSH THE ROCKER PANELS TRYING TO LIFT IT-WILL KEEP IT AS LONG AS I CAN.
I got mine in 2001 it now has 195,k and gets 20mpg city.used it for hauling, handy man service, camping,ect... only complaint front door outside handles braking twice.my 20 year old daughter calls it my getto van but its mine and dependable wont get rid of it. Chevy please make again.
We have 234,000 and it is still going strong (use Lucas Oil products in the entire vehicle). Just developed it's first minor oil leak and it will be easily repaired - in the cooler hose to the radiator. Very dependable. Have pulled a camper through 41 states, both flat & mountainous. Too bad Chevy doesn't still make them.