Chevrolet Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet
- why does car stalls only when put on the breaks at speeds < 30 mph.
- my ac/heater fan will not cut off after engine is turned off..how do i fix it
- unplug mass air flow senser it idles fine but hesitate going down the road
- When the car is off one of the cooling fans continues to run draining battery
- How do I go about repairing the cigarette lighter 2 charge cell devices
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.
On certain 2005 - 2007 vehicles, General Motors has provided a special service policy covering the fuel level sensor, agreeing to pay 50% of the repair cost. This coverage extends for 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original "in service" date of the vehicle. Please contact your local GM dealer for more information.
To find a dealer near you, please click here»
The heater - AC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
When I plug my blue tooth device in to charge I get no power. When I plug mu Cell phone in No power.
The cigarette coil does not even work.
Last winter parked my vehicle first outside, then inside, vehicle sat for a while, wouldn't start. put treatment in gas, still wouldn't fire. Bought some parts to change out, debating on junking the car out. Bought a coil, rotor, module and cap. Started out by changing the coil as the spa...
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
In cold temperatures, the insulation on the engine block heater cord can become damaged, allowing the wires to be exposed. Exposed wires increase the risk of electrical shock and personal injury if the cord is handled while it is plugged in. Dealers will replace the block heater cord to correct this concern. The new cord is rated for temperatures of -40C.
The driver's front airbag inflator may have been manufactured with an incorrect part. If a crash occurs requiring deployment of the driver's airbag, the inflator may rupture and the airbag may not inflate. The rupture could cause metal fragments to strike and potentially seriously injure the vehicle occupants. Additionally, if the airbag does not inflate, the driver is at an increased risk of injury. Dealers will replace the driver side airbag to correct this concern.
I have a 2003 Chevy 2500HD with a 6.0L engine. When the weather gets cooler, even in the 50s when I start out the "Reduced Engine Power" warning comes on. I shut the engine off because it has no power even when depress the throttle, for just a minute or two, when I start it back up it runs fine. The check engine light stays on for a period of time but the engine runs fine. I have taken it to a ...
I love this truck other than the stupid steering shaft that is a known defect that GM will not fix.
i have a 95 chevy 1500 the fuel gauge is bouncing up and down, and also when try to shift into 4wd it grinds already changed the front acuator any suggestions on a fix?