Reviews for Chevrolet Astro years:

Chevrolet Astro Reviews and Owner Comments

Chevrolet AstroOwner Reviews (17 reviews)
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, January 10, 2014 18:02
    I have a 96 now used to own a 89 love them both 89 gave out on me com8ng from work but got my 96 that came with a body kit dont look bad at all and leather interor. Well i had to do normal work on her but now having a problem which i just found out today head gasket went out on me so all of our astro lovers know what that means MUD :-( so time to get to work and rebuild her:-) fun fun fun but she has a system in her and plan on adding more i love my van and plan on keeping her for ever even though she has 192k want her so roll over and still keep moving.
  • 1995 Chevrolet Astro
    Visitor, Columbia, MO, November 01, 2012 20:39
    I have owned this Astro since 1999 and have 146000 miles on it. I had an EGR valve to go bad $150. self installed, two idler arms replaced and a water pump. I'm still satisfied with it because it's tough, comfortable and nice looking. GM should have continued making these vans because the replacements are sorry indeed and way overpriced for what they are. The new ones are also butt ugly
    Visitor, Crittenden, KY, December 06, 2011 16:06
    At the age of 19 i got my first Astro Van that was an 87. I drove this one for 5 years and the only problem i had was the horse shoe braket on the front of the motor broke due to rough driving. 6 years after selling this one i have now bought a 1998 astro and will never let this one go. i love the fact that of the mini van world the astro is built like a truck unlike the others. Thank you chevy!
  • 1990 Chevrolet Astro
    Mr Patterson, Baton Rouge, LA, September 11, 2010 03:02
    my 1990chevy has 162,000miles and i have not had any problems with it besides the regular maintenance besides that i will not trade it for nothing in the world i love it.
  • 1993 Chevrolet Astro
    Visitor, Clinton, MD, September 01, 2010 14:52
    636,000 MILES= SAME MOTOR AND TRANS. STERRING AND SUSPENSION REPAIRS-FUEL PUMP NEEDS RELOCATING ALONG FRAME RAIL TO AVOID THE COST AND TIME AND TOW WHEN IT GOES-GARAGES THINK ITS A MINI VAN AND CRUSH THE ROCKER PANELS TRYING TO LIFT IT-WILL KEEP IT AS LONG AS I CAN.
    blueyedbrat, Greenville, TX, August 23, 2010 20:14
    I got mine in 2001 it now has 195,k and gets 20mpg city.used it for hauling, handy man service, camping,ect... only complaint front door outside handles braking twice.my 20 year old daughter calls it my getto van but its mine and dependable wont get rid of it. Chevy please make again.
    Visitor, Greenville, TX, August 23, 2010 19:45
    I bought the van in 2001 195,k 20 mpg city have used for hauling and handy man service. Camping,ect... I love this van my only complant the front outside door handles broke twice. still wont get rid of it. My 20 year old daughter calls it my getto van but its mine and dependable. Chevy please make astro again.
  • 1995 Chevrolet Astro
    Visitor, Amarillo, TX, June 06, 2010 13:24
    This is my 2nd Astro van, my 1986 model had 123,000 when I sold it and ordered my 1995 Astro. It now has 164,000, uses no oil and gets me where I need to go. Its too bad Chevy doesn't make them anymore. I lknow the area Chevy factory representative, he stated the Astro had the fewest production problems of any vehicle Chevy has produced to date.
    Visitor, Homerville, OH, May 16, 2010 08:34
    At about 115k the plastic plug protecting the engine from antifreeze and cooling fluid broke and the antifreeze went into the cylinders. Back window rusted out. Fuel gauge is inaccurate measures 1/8 tank and is empty. From the dealer floor used 1 qt oil every 20000 miles - no smoke oil just gone - a perpetual oil change. Blower motor intermittent as well as wiper motor. Fuel lines rusted out and fuel pump just went.
  • 1993 Chevrolet Astro
    Mosiman1, Westerville, OH, March 26, 2010 10:40
    Has brought my faith back to American vehicles. Ours has 243,000 miles and still going strong. Just replaced a waterpump and flushed the radiator, but other than that, what a great van. Minimal maintenance, this vehicle starts when all our others fail, our back up right now, but sure has been a great van.
  • 1994 Chevrolet Astro
    familyguy, Fort Wayne, IN, December 17, 2009 18:30
    We have 234,000 and it is still going strong (use Lucas Oil products in the entire vehicle). Just developed it's first minor oil leak and it will be easily repaired - in the cooler hose to the radiator. Very dependable. Have pulled a camper through 41 states, both flat & mountainous. Too bad Chevy doesn't still make them.
  • 1990 Chevrolet Astro
    codymaster, Riverbank, CA, July 20, 2009 13:47
    we put 150,000 miles on it and it is stell going strong !!!!! An asome and safe car to be in . Good job chevy.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Astro
    LUVIE, Jersey City, NJ, April 10, 2009 18:44
    My van is only 35000+ mileage and the model is 2003, but I bought it last Jan. 10,2004. I only drive it on week-ends and long trip once inawhile. I had a fractured left wrist last March 4th of this year, and had an operation. For a with month and a half, I have not driven this van and when I started it last Sunday , the battery went dead. I took it to a dealer shop,and they told me that there's something wrong the engine,etc. and later on the told me that they have to replace the starter. Now, I'm getting an enormous amount on the repair and I'm positive they're over-charging me. Before my fractured wrist, this van was running in an excellent condition. This van is well maintained.Here's my question...Is there a way that I can report to someone on the grounds of over-charging me on the repairs, etc.,? This van is an excellent vehicle, and I'm satisfied with the performance. I need help!!!
    Dana_2, Wilmington, MA, March 07, 2009 03:52
    270,000 MILES AND STILL RUNNING GREAT.I HAD THE TRANSMISSION REBUILT SEVERAL YEARS AGO,THEN I TOOK IT OFF THE ROAD FOR 2 YEARS. NOW I USE IT FOR THE WINTER ONLY.(ONLY BECAUSE I NEED MY P/U TO HAUL A TRAILER FOR CAMPING.)EXTERIOR STILL SHINES LIKE NEW,HAS A SMALL AMOUNT OF RUST ABOVE P/S REAR WHEEL AND SOME INSIDE THE DUTCH DOOR ,BUT IT IS SURFACE RUST AND I'LL FIX IT THIS SPRING. HOPING TO GET 400,000+
    GMguy, Rochester, MI, January 20, 2009 14:19
    Our van looks just like the one in the picture. Has over 200,000 miles and still going strong. Us it to tow cars, trucks, tractors, travel trailer, etc and would not hesitate to drive to the west coast. Only maintenance are items like oil changes, tires, batteries, generator, brakes, etc. The stuff that wears out has been changed. Great vehicle. :-)
    berry0127, Greenwood, IN, November 11, 2008 11:03
    This has been overall, the best vehicle we have ever owned, by far!! Way to go Chevrolet!!
  • 1999 Chevrolet Astro
    b_bus99, Honolulu, HI, September 30, 2008 21:05
    just hoping to get at least another 15,000 miles out of this car..