1996 Chevrolet Astro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Astro
- My van wouldn't start..put 40 fuse in and everything was OK now this morning it wouldn't start so tried to replace fuse and it blew 4 times then tried to make start with wire and it smoked a little no start
- About a week ago my van wouldn't start...put in a new 40 fuse and it started..this morning it didn't start..tried to put in new fuse and each time I tried it..it blew 4 of them..and smoked when my husband tried to use wire to start trying to get to work
- van quit replaced a fuse and it ran now everytime I put in fuse they blow
- Why would my brights stay on at all times even with the engine off.
- Why would my high beams be on at all times even with the vehicle off.
1996 Chevrolet Astro Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
On vans with rear AC, the AC may stop blowing cold air due to a damaged AC line near the back of the engine. It is common for these lines to rub on the engine block, causing a hole in the line and a refrigerant leak.
1996 Chevrolet Astro Questions
any speed, only does it when brakes are pushed hard.
i had change the fuel pump twice psi above 60,replace the temperature sensor,throttle sensor,ignition coil,spark plugs,map sensor and the sensor in the distributor.can you help me?and still won't start
They have since replaced them with the rightones. It was aligned but the steering pulls to the left. Now they are sying the steering box is going. Could rplacing with the in correct parts the first time have caused this issue. There was no problem with the steering prior to them using the wro...
1996 Chevrolet Astro Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Astro Reviews
I got mine in 2001 it now has 195,k and gets 20mpg city.used it for hauling, handy man service, camping,ect... only complaint front door outside handles braking twice.my 20 year old daughter calls it my getto van but its mine and dependable wont get rid of it. Chevy please make again.
I bought the van in 2001 195,k 20 mpg city have used for hauling and handy man service. Camping,ect... I love this van my only complant the front outside door handles broke twice. still wont get rid of it. My 20 year old daughter calls it my getto van but its mine and dependable. Chevy please make astro again.
I have a 96 now used to own a 89 love them both 89 gave out on me com8ng from work but got my 96 that came with a body kit dont look bad at all and leather interor. Well i had to do normal work on her but now having a problem which i just found out today head gasket went out on me so all of our astro lovers know what that means MUD :-( so time to get to work and rebuild her:-) fun fun fun but ...