2001 Chevrolet Astro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Astro
- My drivers side door handle (outside) broke. I would like some advice on fixing.
- Does a heater control valve come apart on it's on? If not what do I do?
- I have a 2001 astro minivan 4.3 liter engine
- I have a 2001 Astro 4.3, the service engine light is on, there are no codes
- rubbing noise like wheel not turning when between 40-65mph.
2001 Chevrolet Astro Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
On vans with rear AC, the AC may stop blowing cold air due to a damaged AC line near the back of the engine. It is common for these lines to rub on the engine block, causing a hole in the line and a refrigerant leak.
2001 Chevrolet Astro Questions
Or, replacing it.
I replaced the heater control valve and my husband and I drove it a few miles up the road. When we got back my husband had a noise and then coolant gushing from somewhere. When I looked the heater control valve had separated. It is a 6 port heater control valve.
I have a 2001 astro minivan 4.3 liter engine and it will only start if I put starting fluid or mass air sensor cleaner into the intake, but after it starts it will run although its rough and if I give it a lot of fuel it bogs down. What could possibly be the problem?