2002 Chevrolet Astro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Astro
- Moaning sound from engine compartment. Seems to get louder when pressing brake.
- 2002chevy astrovan runs ok then goes into random missfire 18mpg down to 7mpg why
- My rear air when I hit a bump it would quit then it quit and the fan won't run
- When you have to replace a rear wheel cylinder is it best to do both or not
- The AC won't blow out air. I found a loose vacuum hose that is worn out.
2002 Chevrolet Astro Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
On vans with rear AC, the AC may stop blowing cold air due to a damaged AC line near the back of the engine. It is common for these lines to rub on the engine block, causing a hole in the line and a refrigerant leak.
2002 Chevrolet Astro Questions
Brake pedal seems to travel more toward the floor than typical. Fluid level is OK. Noise gets louder when pressing brake pedal. This noise is present when sitting parked and running;noise doesn't go away when moving.
I have been having problems with my brakes not feeling right to me since ive owned the car at first my husband had it checked out ok replaced pads the basics so the were ok for a short while complained yo him again had checked rear needed adjustments it was ok 2 or3 days squeeking, grinding etc s...
service engine light came on