CD Changer May Suffer From Internal Mechanical Problem on Mercedes-Benz C240

The CD changer may suffer from an internal mechanical problem. Replacement of the faulty unit is generally required to correct this issue.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 69,142 (30,000–145,000)
5 model years affected: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, more2005
13 people reported this problem
7 people shared problem details
cd changer is being replaced...... when i press cd button screen say "no magazine" when it was inserted
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
"No CD" message; Won't eject magazine; will occasionally work by rapping on magazine.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
Problem since about 60,000 miles. I could coax it into working by rapping on the cartridge until recently.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
died when car was still relatively new, now entire stereo system won't work. These cars are garbage!!
MY seat won't move! My brand new $1,000 CD player won't play anymore! The hatchback door won't open when it's cold out.
cd will not operate. says cd not installed.
Won't play a CD, won't eject the CD's
The CD changer is in the glove compartment. When I push cd it gives the message No CD Changer...
reads no cd changer,is there a way to fix this without going to the dealer.
I got the messages below on the instrument cluster display: - Battery / Alternator - Brake Ass...
okay so when i turn on my air conditioner or heat in my 02 mercedes benz c240 nothing comes on,...