2004 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
Get answers to questions about your 2004 Volkswagen Jetta at RepairPal. Find solutions, diagnose problems and get back on the road.Refine by vehicle
i've set the timing, but when I rotate 1 full turn they no longer line up
Having problem with water inside drivers side floor and passenger floor and trunk probably from sunroof...was reading your website and I saw a post stating that there was a recall for this same problem but when I called dealership to get this problem fixed, they said there was not a recall for this.This answer appeared on a May 2010 post. My question is asking was there a recall or not?
Usually after driving for about 30'minutes or so I will start to feel my car rattle. It only happens at higher speeds and when I'm accelerating. As soon as I step off the gas it stops rattling. If I use cruise cromtol it constantly rattles until turned off. It's only got 124k on it. Fresh oil change. Any idea why?
1. Currently having leaks of coolant popping up continuously everywhere it seems. going on for about 3 months.
2. Engine makes a ticking sound and becoming more progressive with time.
3. starting to smell gas in oil. immediately after I changed it.
4. Malfunction light- exhaust temperature sensor is a problem. Could this alone be the cause for the rest?
5. Had radiator replaced 3-5 months ago.
6. Temperature sensor use to be an ongoing issue and have had thermostat "stuck". Need to check still.
7. Keep noticing that my coolant reserve cap keeps coming loose. seems to shut Ok though.
8. Had the "engine block only" replaced 1.5 years ago with used block from junk yard. Problem caused by a lack of oil. Had oil change one month prior though and had checked it days before engine failed. (deal seemed shady and oil changed by the same guy who "replaced" the engine).
There was no compression in the engine. I saw this done myself but I would have believed whatever he showed at the time.
Rough idle, car engine burns hot but thermo-gauge doesn't show this.
I had used those STOP LEAK pellets for the coolant at one time, before radiator was replaced.
I just had my water pump, fuel pump replaced and now the check engine light has come on car is idling high there a funny smell when I start my car. I have put out over 2500.00 in the last three month on my car can you tell what is possible wrong with my car.
no response from gas pedal to engine, wont run and not getting response from gas pedal... what is this?
I'm selling my 2010 2.5 Jetta, 105k miles. The trans is shifting rough at times, and I want to know what it'll cost to replace trans so I can advise prospective buyer.
Took it to the shop and they said it was my abs hydraulic pump came up when they ran diagnostic tests I didn't get it fixed yet but that was when I had only my abs light is on and caution light was on now my check engine light is on now is it still my abs hydraulic pump?
I swapped the module with no success.
When it is warm. Sometimes it starts and is fine and other times it will not start but seems like it wants to. It reminds me of a Cavaler RS that I have, It would shut down at 100mph and then start up again a 90mph. Not the same thing but feels similar when your driving.