2004 Volkswagen Jetta QuestionsRefine by vehicle
1. Currently having leaks of coolant popping up continuously everywhere it seems. going on for about 3 months.
2. Engine makes a ticking sound and becoming more progressive with time.
3. starting to smell gas in oil. immediately after I changed it.
4. Malfunction light- exhaust temperature sensor is a problem. Could this alone be the cause for the rest?
5. Had radiator replaced 3-5 months ago.
6. Temperature sensor use to be an ongoing issue and have had thermostat "stuck". Need to check still.
7. Keep noticing that my coolant reserve cap keeps coming loose. seems to shut Ok though.
8. Had the "engine block only" replaced 1.5 years ago with used block from junk yard. Problem caused by a lack of oil. Had oil change one month prior though and had checked it days before engine failed. (deal seemed shady and oil changed by the same guy who "replaced" the engine).
There was no compression in the engine. I saw this done myself but I would have believed whatever he showed at the time.
Rough idle, car engine burns hot but thermo-gauge doesn't show this.
I had used those STOP LEAK pellets for the coolant at one time, before radiator was replaced.
I just had my water pump, fuel pump replaced and now the check engine light has come on car is idling high there a funny smell when I start my car. I have put out over 2500.00 in the last three month on my car can you tell what is possible wrong with my car.
no response from gas pedal to engine, wont run and not getting response from gas pedal... what is this?
I'm selling my 2010 2.5 Jetta, 105k miles. The trans is shifting rough at times, and I want to know what it'll cost to replace trans so I can advise prospective buyer.
Took it to the shop and they said it was my abs hydraulic pump came up when they ran diagnostic tests I didn't get it fixed yet but that was when I had only my abs light is on and caution light was on now my check engine light is on now is it still my abs hydraulic pump?
I swapped the module with no success.
When it is warm. Sometimes it starts and is fine and other times it will not start but seems like it wants to. It reminds me of a Cavaler RS that I have, It would shut down at 100mph and then start up again a 90mph. Not the same thing but feels similar when your driving.