If the engine will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter. These will tend to go out at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
Average mileage: 160,100 (160,100–160,100)
8 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 1 of 1 comments
Every 3rd time I start car - no power. Battery dead. New battery.
Verified for the Toyota MR24 reports
Most Common Toyota MR2 Problems
Most Recent Toyota MR2 Problems
Toyota MR2 Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($370 - 507) in Elberon, VA
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Honea Path, SC
- Heater Core Replacement ($679 - 1,071) in Little Silver, NJ
- Radiator Replacement ($671 - 792) in Strawberry, AR
- Timing Belt Tensioner Replacement ($349 - 433) in White Hall, AR
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($550 - 635) in Santa, ID