Update to BCM Will Fix Problems With Instrument Cluster/Fuel Gauge on Chrysler Concorde

The instrument cluster may illuminate randomly to its full brightness and/or the fuel gauge may drop to the empty position. Typically the symptoms are infrequent and the instrument cluster returns to normal operation after a few seconds. An update to the body control module (BCM) will fix this problem.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 155,562 (100,000–312,000)
5 model years affected: 1994, 1997, 1998, 1999, more2001
12 people reported this problem
7 people shared problem details
I actually experienced this issue by the dashboard lights going from dim to bright and my gas gauge going from full to empty. I had to take the BCM out of the vehicle and have it rebuilt with an online company which took five business days and it was less expensive than buying a new one
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
been doing this with the heater on since about 45000 miles
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
Instruments stopped working...even the odometer...blowing the 5 amp fuse labeled "cruise"
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
The instrument cluster may illuminate randomly to its full brightness and the fuel gauge drops to the empty position. The symptoms are infrequent and the instrument cluster returns to normal operation when it wants to.
No start, gauges don't work lights on dash get bright and dim
Instrument lights go to full brightness then back to desired setting.
as gage off on moor off . turns no start
The fuel level sensors can wear out and cause erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings.
My car no longer change gears, the speed ometer no longer works, fuel gauge drops down as I lif...
I HAVE NO FUEL PRESSURE AT RAIL AND I DONT HEAR FUEL PUMP AT ALL WITH KEY ON
On ocassion my car car wil not start. This last time I turned the key three times back and fort...