Update to BCM will fix problems with instrument cluster/fuel gauge on Dodge Intrepid

The instrument cluster may illuminate randomly to its full brightness and/or the fuel gauge may drop to the empty position. Typically the symptoms are infrequent and the instrument cluster returns to normal operation after a few seconds. An update to the body control module (BCM) will fix this problem.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: (–)
2 model years affected: 1996, 2001
2 people reported this problem
1 person shared problem details
The fuel gauge is the problem we put new fuel pump and tried another instrument cluster and BCM module and got the fuel gauge to work for a few seconds then went back to not working . Was plugging in the connecters to the BCM when we finally got this to work for few seconds then quit. I am thinking BCM module is bad and needs updated.
speedometer, gas gauge, tach, etc., not working. we have replaced the body control module with...
My husband bought me a small car stereo system (a 2 channel amp, very small subs, and two for t...
I noticed early on that the oil-can light flickered rapidly when sitting at stop lights, (in Dr...
The fuel level sensors can wear out and cause erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings.