Retrofit kit available to replace problematic self-leveling suspensionon Jaguar Vanden Plas

The rear self-leveling suspension is problematic and very expensive to repair. A retrofit kit is available to convert this suspension back to conventional shock absorbers and springs.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage : 64,000 (60,000–68,000)
9 Years Affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2005
11 people reported this problem
3 people shared problem details
Arnott replacement kit for entire air shock system. Works great
Not only did the self-leveling system fail, but I broke a coil spring going over a rather small bump in the road. The cost to OEM the original system is about $4,000, but a conversion kit to traditional systems in only about $1,200. Is is worth it to spend the extra $2,800 on a 20 year old car? I don't think so!
Im looking to find who & where I can get the kit to change from the self leveling to the shocks myself because I like the car..E-mail theoriginalworldfamous@gmail.com If any one knows where I can get the kit and other parts at a good price please don hesitate to inform me Ide hate to junk the car......thanks guys!!
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/...
What issues would I face in replacing the front shocks?
THE DASH LIGHT STAYS ON BUT THE CAR IS NOT RUNNING HOT.
The upper bushings on the front shock absorbers are prone to failure and may produce a rattling...