Retrofit kit available to replace problematic self-leveling suspension on Jaguar Vanden Plas

The rear self-leveling suspension is problematic and very expensive to repair. A retrofit kit is available to convert this suspension back to conventional shock absorbers and springs.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 64,000 (60,000–68,000)
9 model years affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, more1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2005
11 people reported this problem
3 people shared problem details
Arnott replacement kit for entire air shock system. Works great
Not only did the self-leveling system fail, but I broke a coil spring going over a rather small bump in the road. The cost to OEM the original system is about $4,000, but a conversion kit to traditional systems in only about $1,200. Is is worth it to spend the extra $2,800 on a 20 year old car? I don't think so!
Im looking to find who & where I can get the kit to change from the self leveling to the shocks myself because I like the car..E-mail If any one knows where I can get the kit and other parts at a good price please don hesitate to inform me Ide hate to junk the car......thanks guys!!
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "
What issues would I face in replacing the front shocks?
The upper bushings on the front shock absorbers are prone to failure and may produce a rattling...