Rear Coil Spring
The coil spring supports the weight of the vehicle and maintains the vehicle ride height on the axle where they are mounted. It also allows the suspension system to move up and down to adapt to changing road conditions.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Suspension may make a knocking noise when going over bumps
- Vehicle ride height is low
Related Repair Advice
- Rear coil springs should always be replaced as a set
- Replacing the coil spring may affect the alignment's settings. We recommend a four-wheel alignment when the coil springs are replaced.
- Extreme caution should be used when removing a coil spring compressed by the vehicle's suspension. They are under a great deal of pressure and can cause injury if not removed in the proper manner.