Problem with the IMA Light on on Honda Civic Hybrid

The IMA light coming on is usually caused by a battery pack that is no longer charging correctly. Replacing the battery pack will turn off the IMA light.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 123,466 (12,000–200,000)
7 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, more2007, 2008, 2009
41 people reported this problem
26 people shared problem details
My car is a Honda Civic Hybrid 03 model. But a few days ago the IMA Light on the dashboard and I don't know what I have to do. Please help me...
IMA light comes on and goes off depending on fuel tank fill up status it seems. Engine light stays on now and IMA light continues to go on and come off.
Suddenly IMA light turned on while driving. And its not turning off. What is the issue and what much it will take to fix it.
Ima light on and check engine light on
i have 2004 honda civic light engine come on IMA can you hepl me please
I've had the check engine, IMA and SRS lights on for about three years. The dealership declined to repair the SRS saying that the problem was in the wiring harness which "is not part of the SRS system." Although, it boggles the mind to understand how something "not part of the system" could cause the system to potentially not operate correctly. I now have 290,000 miles on the vehicle; still getting 45-48 MPG, even without the IMA operating. Honda technicians assure me that there is no danger of the battery pack overheating or causing a fire, so I plan to drive it to failure.
Ima light and check engine light
IMA Light on my 2009 Honda Civic MX
ima lite been turned off in dealership twice this it is on again......what shoould i do
ImA light on , sometimes it goes off I just drive it with it on
It's at the dealership now. I will not pay $3000.00 for a new battery. I have frequently experienced a decrease or lull when trying to accelerate. The estimated mpg has been disappointing. I've had to replace tires multiple times and then they came out with a "fix". Hopefully, my tires will last longer. The Honda Civic was my first Honda and possibly my last.
IMA light stays on. What does this mean? Only had car for 3 months but recently am having lots of electrical problems
IMA light on due to hybrid battery failure. Repair costs $2600
My IMA light pops up randomly. It pops up a lot when I'm low on fuel. Also, it accelerates pretty slow so.
My check engine light stays on but will turn one once in a blue moon and will come on after driving for a bit the IMA light comes on and off but turns on pretty much everytime im driving.
I had a free battery replacement 32,000 miles ago because my hybrid only had 50,000 miles on it. Now it is going out again. I do have an appt. for tomorrow, but isn't is ridiculous that it goes out so often when I keep hearing about 100,000 miles per battery. I do some freeway and mostly in-town driving and am easy on my car.
Ima light problem
Was away for a while and got back with a flat 12V battery. Took it out to recharge it and upon reinstallation the IMA light came on. I think this is normal. The trouble is that the IMA light would not go off. Also the engine warning light was on. Moreover the red battery light would be on with the engine under 1,400RPM. I tried restarting the car a few times. In the initial check no IMA light would come on. Upon firing up the system would try charging the assist battery (green lights) but this would then stop and the IMA light would come on. No electric assistance was given while driving (battery seemed to be with no power and IMA light was on). I played with it for a while and a bit out of desperation in a stretch of the road with no one around I switched the ignition off while driving (slowly obviously). I turned the ignition on after a sec or so, and mysteriously everything was cured. Both batteries started charging as they should. I recharged the aux battery to full power and everything seems to be in order.
The battery pack costs more than the car's value, so I've been driving with both lights on for years. It masked a problem with the radiator that I'm fortunate didn't cause total loss of the engine.
My battery light is on(red, square box). My car is not charging or assisting.
My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid has 82,000 miles. Just recently my IMA light came on. The dealersh...
Does anbody know how to get rid of that IMA light without replacing the battery pack?I tried re...
Today my wife bought 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid (automatic transmission, mileage=220k) and she fou...