Problem with the IMA Light on on Honda Civic Hybrid

The IMA light coming on is usually caused by a battery pack that is no longer charging correctly. Replacing the battery pack will turn off the IMA light.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 128,934 (12,000–274,000)
8 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, more2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
60 people reported this problem
37 people shared problem details
My car is a Honda Civic Hybrid 03 model. But a few days ago the IMA Light on the dashboard and I don't know what I have to do. Please help me...
Suddenly IMA light turned on while driving. And its not turning off. What is the issue and what much it will take to fix it.
IMA light comes on and goes off depending on fuel tank fill up status it seems. Engine light stays on now and IMA light continues to go on and come off.
Ima light on and check engine light on
i have 2004 honda civic light engine come on IMA can you hepl me please
I've had the check engine, IMA and SRS lights on for about three years. The dealership declined to repair the SRS saying that the problem was in the wiring harness which "is not part of the SRS system." Although, it boggles the mind to understand how something "not part of the system" could cause the system to potentially not operate correctly. I now have 290,000 miles on the vehicle; still getting 45-48 MPG, even without the IMA operating. Honda technicians assure me that there is no danger of the battery pack overheating or causing a fire, so I plan to drive it to failure.
Ima light and check engine light
ima lite been turned off in dealership twice this month....now it is on again......what shoould i do
IMA light stays on. What does this mean? Only had car for 3 months but recently am having lots of electrical problems
ImA light on , sometimes it goes off I just drive it with it on
It's at the dealership now. I will not pay $3000.00 for a new battery. I have frequently experienced a decrease or lull when trying to accelerate. The estimated mpg has been disappointing. I've had to replace tires multiple times and then they came out with a "fix". Hopefully, my tires will last longer. The Honda Civic was my first Honda and possibly my last.
IMA Light on my 2009 Honda Civic MX
IMA light on due to hybrid battery failure. Repair costs $2600
Ima engine light is on and now the battery light is on and now will not go off. Can someone tell me what this means?
Second time both the check engine light and the IMA light went on. The first time I was told it was a software glitch but if it returned, a new battery with installation costs $6300. Yuck! Guess I am replacing the car.
Ima light and engine light turn on at the same time. I disconnected the car battery and reconnect it about a minute later. When I turn the car back on the light turn off. I can drive for about 30 miles before the lights will come back on.
my 12v battery died and we were able to recharge and car was running fine, now the IMA light is on, the check engine light is on and the SRS light has been on for about 2 months
The dealer told me I need a new battery pack for my hybrid. He then said I can drive it without the pack and it will run on gas only. What about that tiny battery. Can it do the job?
after i had my windsheeld changed the IMA light came on. I had the check engine and the results was 2 codes: P1600 and P1449. I couldnt find an answer yet.
My battery light is on(red, square box). My car is not charging or assisting.
My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid has 82,000 miles. Just recently my IMA light came on. The dealersh...
Does anbody know how to get rid of that IMA light without replacing the battery pack?I tried re...
Today my wife bought 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid (automatic transmission, mileage=220k) and she fou...