Problem with the IMA Light on on Honda Civic Hybrid

The IMA light coming on is usually caused by a battery pack that is no longer charging correctly. Replacing the battery pack will turn off the IMA light.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 120,352 (12,000–200,000)
6 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, more2008, 2009
36 people reported this problem
23 people shared problem details
My car is a Honda Civic Hybrid 03 model. But a few days ago the IMA Light on the dashboard and I don't know what I have to do. Please help me...
Upvoted (15)Flag Inappropriate
I've had the check engine, IMA and SRS lights on for about three years. The dealership declined to repair the SRS saying that the problem was in the wiring harness which "is not part of the SRS system." Although, it boggles the mind to understand how something "not part of the system" could cause the system to potentially not operate correctly. I now have 290,000 miles on the vehicle; still getting 45-48 MPG, even without the IMA operating. Honda technicians assure me that there is no danger of the battery pack overheating or causing a fire, so I plan to drive it to failure.
Upvoted (12)Flag Inappropriate
Ima light on and check engine light on
IMA light comes on and goes off depending on fuel tank fill up status it seems. Engine light stays on now and IMA light continues to go on and come off.
Ima light and check engine light
i have 2004 honda civic light engine come on IMA can you hepl me please
I have replaced battery and light is still on. Also was my rpms revving up, I don't have to be going up a hill or anything once this happens. when I replaced the battery I took it in to Honda and let them know of some problems that I was having and that the IMA light was on. I don't think they checked it out. so the problem is not fixed.
IMA light on due to hybrid battery failure. Repair costs $2600
I bought a brand new 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid, in May of 2007 it had 9 miles on it. I have been having this same problem and it has been on going since that date. Honda dealership said they needed to readjust the breaks because of the motor assist. This did not cure the problem they said there was nothing they could do even though it was still under warranty at the time and said they were sorry. The problem has only gotten worse since then along with other problems. The Driver side window goes off track they said there was nothing wrong with it. The IMA light stays on then goes off the engine light comes on and just a mess, Now the car don't even want to start. Now that there is no warranty on the car and it has expired, now the problems I am having they say need to be replaced. I hate Honda now and I will never buy another car from them.
It's at the dealership now. I will not pay $3000.00 for a new battery. I have frequently experienced a decrease or lull when trying to accelerate. The estimated mpg has been disappointing. I've had to replace tires multiple times and then they came out with a "fix". Hopefully, my tires will last longer. The Honda Civic was my first Honda and possibly my last.
ima lite been turned off in dealership twice this it is on again......what shoould i do
Ima light problem
Was away for a while and got back with a flat 12V battery. Took it out to recharge it and upon reinstallation the IMA light came on. I think this is normal. The trouble is that the IMA light would not go off. Also the engine warning light was on. Moreover the red battery light would be on with the engine under 1,400RPM. I tried restarting the car a few times. In the initial check no IMA light would come on. Upon firing up the system would try charging the assist battery (green lights) but this would then stop and the IMA light would come on. No electric assistance was given while driving (battery seemed to be with no power and IMA light was on). I played with it for a while and a bit out of desperation in a stretch of the road with no one around I switched the ignition off while driving (slowly obviously). I turned the ignition on after a sec or so, and mysteriously everything was cured. Both batteries started charging as they should. I recharged the aux battery to full power and everything seems to be in order.
The battery pack costs more than the car's value, so I've been driving with both lights on for years. It masked a problem with the radiator that I'm fortunate didn't cause total loss of the engine.
check engine light, ima light, and eps light came on
IMA Light on my 2009 Honda Civic MX
ImA light on , sometimes it goes off I just drive it with it on
My check engine light went on and IMA light came on as well. I went to the dealership and they told me that the hybrid battery was missing some codes. They reprogrammed the battery and then it went off for a while. Then the light came back on and the dealership said that I need a new hybrid battery. What do I do now?
My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid has 82,000 miles. Just recently my IMA light came on. The dealersh...
Does anbody know how to get rid of that IMA light without replacing the battery pack?I tried re...
My battery light is on(red, square box). My car is not charging or assisting.
Today my wife bought 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid (automatic transmission, mileage=220k) and she fou...