The power steering may fail due to the drive belt coming off. This is commonly caused by a failed belt tensioner. Our technicians tell us a revised tensioner should be installed along with a new belt. Check with your local Suzuki dealer to see if the factory will pay for this repair.
Power steerting belt may come off on Suzuki Grand Vitara
3 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answerFebruary 14, 2011
Verified for the Suzuki Grand Vitara10 reports
1 answerAugust 11, 2014
1 answerMay 28, 2014
2 answersMay 16, 2014
Most Recent Suzuki Grand Vitara Problems
- Low Beam Head Light
- Drive Belt Noise
- Oil Leak/Noise Due to Timing Chain Cover Gasket/Tensioner Failure
- Harsh Downshift on Deceleration
- AC Condenser Fan Motor May Fail
- PCM Software Update Available
- Creaking or Squeaking Noise From Sway Bar Bushings
- cracked head
- Revised Seal to Correct Leak at Right Front Axle
- Wheel hub noise due to excess axle shaft clearance
- Power steerting belt may come off
- Automatic transmission may not shift when cold
- shift lever stuck in park.