Car Problem Reports

19 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Drive Trains Affected: 2WD, AWD, RWD

Average Mileage: 48,337 mi (13,300 mi - 95,000 mi)

Verified

If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 79,500 mi

Sometimes, not every time my car will shudder when starting out from 1st to 2nd. If I slow down for a stop sign or light and I don't come to a complete stop and then take off it slips or skips then catches and takes off. This is all at very slow speeds by the way, no abuse of components.

•  Rookie

I noticed that once in a while the ignition seemed "stuck" but it would happen once every few months. Then a couple of months ago it started shaking when in park or at a red light. Now, its shuddering when im trying to gain speed between 30 to 40 or on the highway. I bought it used with 34000 miles from a reputable dealership in January of 2011, I wonder if they sold me a lemon.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 41,000 mi

Intermittent hard shifting from 1st to 2nd, or exactly at 10 mph, very similar to report #3. Mechanic reset error message in computer but it is happening again.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 13,600 mi

Had the TCM/PCM software update a month ago due to check engine light on and it just happened again 1/10/11. I was accelerating at low speed and it shuddered from 1st to 2nd and I got instant RPM drop/power loss until low RPM, then back to normal acceleration. Car drives ok but I'm taking back to the dealer for service.

• lobofergy, , 2WD, 32,000 mi

shudderring feel when shifting from first to second gear

• I went to oreillys auto part store and tried to put new a battery in my car then these codes came on .Can you help me figure out this problem

• Visitor, , RWD, 95,000 mi

At least once a week while driving my 2006 dodge charger lose's power. I can only go 25 to 40 mile's. It will also roll back when in drive like it's not in gear.

• Visitor, , AWD, 63,000 mi

My car shifting has been 'different' since I bought it used a year ago. Tonight (3/20/14) I lost all but 1st gear. My check engine light came on as well.

• Visitor, , RWD, 13,300 mi

shifts hard going in second gear

• Visitor, , RWD, 44,000 mi

When trans downshifts to 2nd after making a low speed turn it up shifts hard into 3rd. Happens more often if outside temps are below 30 degrees. Dealer changed the "INPUT SPEED SENSOR" and it seemed to help for a day or so but it still wasn't right so they did a "re-flash" based 0n a TSB (technical service bulletin)that was issued and now its worse and back to slamming into 3rd again - just can't seem to get it right - thanks again CHRYSLER! So at this point there doesn't appear to be a solution to our problem and eventually Chrysler will probably try to blame it on the consumer as they have done in the past.

+ See more reports