PCM/TCM Software Updates May Address Shifting Problems on Dodge Charger

If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 74,997 (13,300–178,000)
Drive Trains affected: 2WD, AWD, RWD
6 model years affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, more2010, 2013
49 people reported this problem
28 people shared problem details
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD107,985
ECM/PCM Replaced, problem still the same, engine shuts off when idling, transmission doesn't go into gear, Dealer can't seem to locate the problem, afraid to have an accident. taking it back to the dealer.
2008 Dodge Charger- 2WD79,500
Sometimes, not every time my car will shudder when starting out from 1st to 2nd. If I slow down for a stop sign or light and I don't come to a complete stop and then take off it slips or skips then catches and takes off. This is all at very slow speeds by the way, no abuse of components.
2010 Dodge Charger- 2WD41,000
Intermittent hard shifting from 1st to 2nd, or exactly at 10 mph, very similar to report #3. Mechanic reset error message in computer but it is happening again.
I noticed that once in a while the ignition seemed "stuck" but it would happen once every few months. Then a couple of months ago it started shaking when in park or at a red light. Now, its shuddering when im trying to gain speed between 30 to 40 or on the highway. I bought it used with 34000 miles from a reputable dealership in January of 2011, I wonder if they sold me a lemon.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD95,000
At least once a week while driving my 2006 dodge charger lose's power. I can only go 25 to 40 mile's. It will also roll back when in drive like it's not in gear.
2010 Dodge Charger- 2WD13,600
Had the TCM/PCM software update a month ago due to check engine light on and it just happened again 1/10/11. I was accelerating at low speed and it shuddered from 1st to 2nd and I got instant RPM drop/power loss until low RPM, then back to normal acceleration. Car drives ok but I'm taking back to the dealer for service.
shudderring feel when shifting from first to second gear
2008 Dodge Charger- RWD54,000
It seems the shudder would happen at slow speeds, 10-15 mph when rolling thru my subdivision. It almost feels like the MDS is kicking on, and the tranny is at too high a gear (3rd, when it should be in 2), and the engine struggles to get up the small incline in my neighborhood, before it will downshift. My PCM just got flashed at the dealership a couple days ago and I believe it may have fixed the issue. I am going to pay attention to it now to confirm.
2010 Dodge Charger- RWD78,000
2010 3.5 H/O Drives fine most of the time. Every now and again when accelerating quickly, 3 to 4 gear doesn't shift and rpm goes crazy. Also noticed when slowing down to stop, there is a drop. First time it happened I was blasting music and felt it. Another time I was listening and it made a sound. Doesn't happen all the time but it's enough to make me wanna get it fixed. Read where you could get the pcm and tcm flashed at the dealer. I know it's not a recall so my question is even though there is a tsb.... Does the dealer charge and how much??. Bc I've seen post where it got better after but still had a shutter, so I don't want to pay a lot for a non guarantee fix. Most of the time it's a enjoyable ride, impressed with its performance and engine sounds good. Not bad for a v6 but I've read the tranny can only handle 300 so I'm scared to add a catback and cai.
2013 Dodge Charger- AWD23,000
Rough Shifting
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD78,000
Don't want to shift and when I shut off car and start back up its fine most of the time
2007 Dodge Charger- RWD134,000
My interior lights AC radio signal lights horn and gauge lights all stop working at the same time.
2007 Dodge Charger- RWD178,000
my car will not shift past 2ed gear and it whines when in idle
2009 Dodge Charger- RWD55,000
check engine light came on, next it went into limp mode. diagnostic said code p2767, speed sensor. has not been fixed
I got my transmission service last week and the check engine light is reading the same transmission codes I had serviced. Transmission control malfunction lost connection with ECM/PCM & a connector issue & a 3 gear issue. car did fine the first two days now it's back to driving slow some time the engine shuts off after I start it up when backing it up it may shut off or wating @ a red light
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD141,000
Torque converter clutch shudder at cruise and during downshift. Started after engine removal rebuild reinstall. 15,000 miles driven on rebuild is fine. Doesn't shudder when in manual tcm downshift.
My 08 charger does the same, I can be going 70 and all of the sudden my speed start dropping down to like 20 or 30 mph..still need help on this problem
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD
Car shifts very hard into gears and often times won't shift past 2nd gear.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD140,952
Rings around all the gear indicators will not go in gear if on and while driving if the proem happens car is stuck in 1st gear
Rattling noise coming from shift linkage (possibly) Even though transmission was shifting normal
A harsh 4-3 downshift or other shift quality issues may develop. Revised transmission control...
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what this code means and how to fix the problem?
There may be an intermittent three- to five-second delay between when you turn the key and when...
"False" trouble codes may cause erroneous illumination of the Check Engine Light. Updating the...