Car Problem Reports

24 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Drive Trains Affected: 2WD, AWD, RWD

Average Mileage: 60,455 mi (13,300 mi - 160,000 mi)

Verified

If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 79,500 mi

Sometimes, not every time my car will shudder when starting out from 1st to 2nd. If I slow down for a stop sign or light and I don't come to a complete stop and then take off it slips or skips then catches and takes off. This is all at very slow speeds by the way, no abuse of components.

• Visitor, , RWD, 107,985 mi

ECM/PCM Replaced, problem still the same, engine shuts off when idling, transmission doesn't go into gear, Dealer can't seem to locate the problem, afraid to have an accident. taking it back to the dealer.

• Visitor, , RWD, 95,000 mi

At least once a week while driving my 2006 dodge charger lose's power. I can only go 25 to 40 mile's. It will also roll back when in drive like it's not in gear.

•  Rookie

I noticed that once in a while the ignition seemed "stuck" but it would happen once every few months. Then a couple of months ago it started shaking when in park or at a red light. Now, its shuddering when im trying to gain speed between 30 to 40 or on the highway. I bought it used with 34000 miles from a reputable dealership in January of 2011, I wonder if they sold me a lemon.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 41,000 mi

Intermittent hard shifting from 1st to 2nd, or exactly at 10 mph, very similar to report #3. Mechanic reset error message in computer but it is happening again.

• Visitor, , RWD, 54,000 mi

It seems the shudder would happen at slow speeds, 10-15 mph when rolling thru my subdivision. It almost feels like the MDS is kicking on, and the tranny is at too high a gear (3rd, when it should be in 2), and the engine struggles to get up the small incline in my neighborhood, before it will downshift. My PCM just got flashed at the dealership a couple days ago and I believe it may have fixed the issue. I am going to pay attention to it now to confirm.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 13,600 mi

Had the TCM/PCM software update a month ago due to check engine light on and it just happened again 1/10/11. I was accelerating at low speed and it shuddered from 1st to 2nd and I got instant RPM drop/power loss until low RPM, then back to normal acceleration. Car drives ok but I'm taking back to the dealer for service.

• lobofergy, , 2WD, 32,000 mi

shudderring feel when shifting from first to second gear

• Visitor, , RWD, 160,000 mi

I have been experiencing a "hard shift" from 3rd-4th gears while driving. The "low oil" light comes on with chiming.

• chrisperry22, , RWD, 89,500 mi

Harsh shift from 1st to second gear. And as of today, it would take shift into 2nd gear unless I drive hard, and get rpms to 6000, and then it shifts into 2nd gear. It is going into dodge dealership Thursday for diagnosis and software update.

+ See more reports