Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2, Sensor 1)
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0153 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0153
Fault Code Definition
When the up and down "cross-counting" voltage activity from the Oxygen Sensor is too slow, code P0153 is triggered and the Check Engine/Service Engine Soon Light will illuminate.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In many cases, the emissions will be elevated
Common Problems That Trigger the P0153 Code
- Defective Oxygen Sensor
- Faulty Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
- Exhaust System Leak(s)
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the problem is faulty Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the problem is a vacuum leak or defective Mass Air Flow Sensor