Oxygen Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2, Sensor 1)
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0154 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0154
Fault Code Definition
Code P0154 is triggered when the Oxygen Sensor signal that is sent to the Powertrain Control Module remains at or near the .450 set voltage point.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In some cases, the engine may hesitate during acceleration
- Poor fuel economy
Common Problems That Trigger the P0154 Code
- Defective Oxygen Sensor
- Faulty Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
- Missing Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Power Voltage
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the real problem is a vacuum leak
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when real problem is a poor connection