Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
Our emissions expert has put together the following information about the P0141 fault code. We have also included diagnostic procedures you can take to your repair shop if the mechanic is having difficulty analyzing the code.
OBD II Fault Code
- OBD II P0141
Fault Code Definition
The Catalyst Monitoring Oxygen Sensor evaluates the rear most Catalytic Converter's emissions-reducing capability. Code P0141 is set when the Rear Oxygen Sensor does not show signal activity indicative of closed loop fuel system operation within the required time.
- Check Engine Light will illuminate
- In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
- In some cases, the vehicle will fail an Emissions Test
- In many cases, the NOx emissions will be elevated
Common Problems That Trigger the P0141 Code
- Defective Rear Most Oxygen Sensor
- Faulty Rear Most Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections
- Oxygen Sensor Sensor is replaced when the problem is a defective Catalytic Converter
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the problem is faulty sensor wiring or connections
- Oxygen Sensor is replaced when the problem is an exhaust leak before the Rear Oxygen Sensor