YES, THERE IS NOW A RECALL. I FILED AN INVESTIGATION CALLED AND COMPLAINED.. PLEASE SCROLL THROUGH TO MY OTHER POST TO OBTAIN PHONE NUMBER AND CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL DEALERSHIP. I JUST GOT MY RECALL NOTICE THE OTHER DAY TO MAKE APPT. FOR OCTOBER 1ST OR AFTER WITH LOCAL DEALER. AND THE PROBLEM GOES BACK TO 98 MODEL YEAR CO SI HAVE ONE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHECK ON THIS. IT WILL BE FIXED AT THEIR COST!
car turns over but will not start eventually battery goes dead trying to start
Car will not always start. One day it does and another it doesn't. Battery is fine. Appears to be the ignition switch.
Turning the key to the on position the gauges would sometimes act if they lost power. When attempting to start the engine when the gauges were in this unpowered state, the starter would turn but the there would be no spark coming from the coil packs. I tested the lead and ground to the coil packs and the crankshaft position sensor. Since other components still have power (lights, radio, windows, etc.) the problem seems to be after the battery but before the coil pack which leads to the conclusion of it being something with the ignition switch or wires in between. No confirmed solution as of yet.
Just all of the sudden would not turn over or anything.
My 2011 4cl 2.4L (gas without flex option) is having intermittent no start issues (83k miles).
(2013 had the throttle body replaced after the car suddenly lost power/died on the interstate - was good till 2014).
1. Wouldn't start 12/15/2014 (would crank normally but wouldn't fire)...took it to the dealer 12/16 and it started fine. They kept it 2 days for diagnostics and couldn't find anything. Picked it up and drove fine the rest of the week (in town, no long trips).
2. 12/20 drove out of town without issue. I went to move it (sat for a few hours) and it wouldn't start (same issue). Had it towed and the dealer there said it was the fuel pump...changed it - no luck... Changed the fuel pump relay - no luck. Changed the spark plugs - ran again.
3. 12/26 Drove out of town, stopped and it wouldn't start.. . Gave it a few minutes and tried again - started right up. Got to my destination, turned it off and back on - all was OK. Drove to dinner - wouldn't start again (cranks and fires by sputters/dies). Towed it, scanner still not picking up any codes. Camshaft position sensor changed and it still wouldn't run. Sat for 2 days and started...
4. Been driving it ever since (even a 1000 mile trip). Will start fine, but once it gets to temp, can't restart it until the engine cools...once it's cool, would start fine.
5. 2/1/2015 back to cranks but won't start. We're going to change the temperature control sensor and crankshaft sensor. If that doesn't fix it we are back to the drawing board and will have to consider the ignition switch.
Owned 1998 Chevrolet Malibu and has had this problem since 1999. Have to wait 10-15 minutes before car will start. Is there a recall on this problem.
I can drive the car and drive the car. I can park it, go into the store, come out and it does nothing. I wait, try again, it tries to start, wait again, turn it on and it goes. No specific time or place do I know this is going to happen. I've been told ignition switch.
CAR STARTS AND SHUTS OFF THE ENGINE BUT WILL NOT TURN PAST THE ACCESSORY SO THE RADIO AND OTHER ACCESSORIES ARE STAYING ACTIVE....RUNNING DOWN BATTERY...CANNOT REMOVE THE KEY EITHER
theft system light comes on cause the car not to start for 10 min
key is stuck, won't come out,i can't get it to turn on or off
Spent over $600 resolving issue. Car would stall while driving!!!
When I turn car off it does not go to the off position.
This has been going on for years. Normally I get in the car, put on my seatbelt turn key to right until buzzer stops and the car will start right up. If I don't follow that protocol it will try to turn over but won't.
We turn the key to on position and the gauges and lights do not come on and no sound from the fuel pump. Usually we turn the key a couple of times and the fuel gauge comes up and the pump starts and builds up pressure and then the car starts normally. Because of having a key that would not turn at all I replaced the key cylinder and that went well but I also purchased an ignition switch and now I am going to put that in also.
Ignition switch recall went to dealership to get it fixed. Newer Battery died a month later, & replaced for $100.00 Then car wouldn't start on and off. Car died 3 times in 2 months in the middle of driving. Son in law thought it was the gas pump cause he didn't hear it when he turned the key. $200.00. Still started on and off when it felt like it. Still turned off while driving .Son in law took to mechanic and he couldn't find anything. Son in law asked for paperwork from Dealership. They took a piece of rubber to make the key hole smaller on the FOB and never did anything else. Son in law replaced ignition switch $100.00 and all is well so far a month in. I am 70 yrs. old and I think they knew I wouldn't know what the initials were for the "work order" explanation. I see a lot of people trying to figure out what is wrong after a supposed fix that never was a fixed. GM promised the government and paid their fine and no one followed up!!!
motor turns but will not fire. ignition switch will also not turn off, the car will turn off and I can get the key out, but the switch will not turn all of the way off, I have to disconnect the battery.
My car won't start sometimes. I have to wait 10 to 30 minutes and then it would start
bring the car in for an oil change only had the car a week. ran fine all day Mechanic came out and tried to start the car right away triggering the theft system. now nothing on the dash til about one min no lights go out or blink? Will start but reads no fuel still when it's on full tank. dealer wants me to it the this place I'm at now tells me there is nothing they do
Won't crank clicking noise and loclick symbol on