Driveability Problems Due to Internal Distributor Fault on Chevrolet Astro

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 162,090 (83,040–225,320)
Engine affected: 4.3L V6
16 model years affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, more1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
22 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 problem details
2000 Chevrolet Astro 177,000 mi,
Car stops running as we're traveling sometimes re-starts right away other tiimes have to wait about 15 min
1999 Chevrolet Astro 225,320 mi,
engine bucking under moderate acceleration.
I've had the random misfire for a long time now. Replacing spark plugs, rotor, distributor. But the misfire continues at about 60 mph. Finally, I went to nearby scrap yard and bought Ignition Distributor from an S-10 -00. Took it out of my chevy astro and there I saw that it had worn down a little. mounted on the old Ignition Distributor from S-10 which was in better condition. And now all the misfiring disappeared. It cost me $ 36 and the 30-minute job.
2002 Chevrolet Astro 163,000 mi,
Whole distributor system shorted out after a hard rain and it would not fire but it would turn over. Had to replace lines, distributor cap, plugs, basically the ignition system, over 500 bucks. The kicker was, a van just like mine had the exact same thing happen as both our vehicles arrived via different tow trucks at same time to same shop.
po300 random misfire idle and runs great when hit 50+65 light blinking but feels no misfire replace crankshaft sensor mejor tune up ck egr and fuel press