Car Problem Reports

GMC Jimmy Problem
6 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995

Average Mileage: 173,300 mi (117,600 mi - 229,000 mi)

Verified

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

• Visitor, , 117,600 mi

I have this problem and it happens randomly, today it was in middle of intersection which was scary Beyond words! Thank God it did after about 5 tries then waiting several minutes started again. I've it had it fixed yet, is it paid by GMC for this problem to be fixed?
    Please someone let me know as I've no idea how expensive this is and I'm disabled and I funds for this!! Bought it from original owner 2012 and this has happened probably a dozen times. Today was first time while at stop sign, usual when starting car.

• Visitor, , 229,000 mi

My distributor jumped but did not brake any parts of the distributor. The only thing I could see bad on the dist. was the gear had a lot of wear. I had thought the timing chain had jumped but this was not the case but I did install a new timing set, cover and new aftermarket distributor.