GMC Jimmy Problem Report

GMC Jimmy Driveability Problems Due to Internal Distributor Fault

(6 reports)

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

I have this problem and it happens randomly, today it was in middle of intersection which was scary Beyond words! Thank God it did after about 5 tries then waiting several minutes started again. I've it had it fixed yet, is it paid by GMC for this problem to be fixed? Please someone let me know as I've no idea how expensive this is and I'm disabled and I funds for this!! Bought it from original owner 2012 and this has happened probably a dozen times. Today was first time while at stop sign, usual when starting car. -
My distributor jumped but did not brake any parts of the distributor. The only thing I could see bad on the dist. was the gear had a lot of wear. I had thought the timing chain had jumped but this was not the case but I did install a new timing set, cover and new aftermarket distributor. -
During driving, steering exhibits more play than normal
2001 GMC Jimmy sometimes stalls pulling away from stops. Starts right back up. Diagnostic says...
i was driving today and the vehicle overheated. i checked the engine oil and it was 3 quarts low! had a problem similiar to this one about a month ago with the same vehicle. i took it to the shop a...
An oil leak may develop from the distributor o-ring seal requiring replacement of the seal.
My 1993 GMC Jimmy recently started not starting in and around when we have big rain storms. I r...