Driveability Problems Due to Internal Distributor Faulton Chevrolet S10

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage : 96,783 (50,000–172,000)
EnginesAffected: = affected_variants_list(car_problem_description)
8 Years Affected: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
18 people reported this problem
7 people shared problem details
1998 Chevrolet S10- 2.2L 4 Cylinder172,000
truck starts and runs but when taking off and trying to give it more gas to go faster the truck acts like it is running out of fuel but has fuel. runs and then stalls but does not quit. thought I had water in the gas but put in a bottle of "HEET", still does the same, runs and then feels like it is chained to a tree, but like I said it never dies.
5 people like thisFlag inappropiate
2002 Chevrolet S10- 4.3L V670,000
I put in a new one
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
1999 Chevrolet S10- 4.3L V6120,000
hesatation at 40-50mph-changed lots of parts-had timing checked and reset about 30 miles and back to same story. i bought a 10mm distributor wrench,reset timing sliped 35 miles.i will pull distributor and check gear,some were bad,not hardened.will end with changing it out.hope for the best.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
2001 Chevrolet S10- 4.3L V6
It appears shaft lift in distributor is destroying cap and rotors. Replaced distributor unit twice now. Body is plastic.
2002 Chevrolet S10- 4.3L V699,000
distributor gear wear do to cam walk now i have gear metal in my motor its junk now
2002 Chevrolet S10- 4.3L V650,000
The engine would run rough and stall and some time the engine would not start. Replaced the distributor twice one at 50000 miles and one at 80000 miles and replaced distributor cap four times.
1998 Chevrolet S10- 4.3L V6
rough idle, no lights/codes. replaced dist cap and rotor. performance and fuel mileage increased.
I changed the cap and wires .. no improvement..changed the pick up coil and the module..I have no spark at terminal 1 & 2 changed the coil ,,still no spark on 1 & 2 what's the Problem ??
at different times I smell gas fumes. I hear a popping sound come from the gas tank. I can be p...
This is a new truck to me, service unknown. Starts up fine, idles with a slight roughness. Most...
my landlord for months had trouble with his S10 starting I changed plugs wires and rotor and ca...
the code on 2001 s10 is p0446 and it says evap emmission control system vent circuit malf the l...