how do you get it out once you have the cap off?? is it stuck, or is there a screw i need to remove?
fuel pump on 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio
Disconnect the battery remove the carpet over the fuel pump cover panel, remove the electrical connector and two fuel lines, note the orientation of the hoses. Unscrew the plastic locking ring (counter clockwise opens it), and pull the pump assembly upward.
Verified for the Volkswagen Cabrio20 reports
1 answerSeptember 13, 2010
2 answersMarch 09, 2011
0 answersMay 24, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Estimates
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($395 - 546) in Finly, IN
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($315 - 403) in East Saint Johnsbury, VT
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($286 - 392) in Hull, IA
- Steering Rack Replacement ($1,001 - 1,430) in Brookhaven, PA
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($186 - 372) in Hospers, IA
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Fairview, IL