Faulty 3rd gear assembly causing shifting problems on Honda Civic Si

On the Si, a faulty 3rd gear can cause problems shifting into third gear. Removing the transmission and replacing the third gear assembly is required to repair this issue.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 61,532 (15,000–101,000)
Drive Train affected: Manual Transmission
3 model years affected: 2006, 2007, 2008
23 people reported this problem
Viewing
of
problem details
2007 Honda Civic Si 80,000 mi,
Pops out of 3rd and 5th gears, more use makes it pop out much more often.
2006 Honda Civic Si 60,000 mi,
I bought this car used at 60,000 miles. 3rd gear routinely pops out when driving. around 80,000 miles 5th gear began to get a notchy grind every time I shifted into, and sometimes would pop out while driving as well. Dealership nor extended warranty offered to fix. Never buy a 2006 Honda Civic Si.
I first reported the troublesome 3rd gear a month after purchase. I still have problems with it and just found out there was a TSB on the problem. The dealership never informed me of it. I plan to go in with a copy of the TSB and have this addressed.
2008 Honda Civic Si - Manual Transmission 60,000 mi,
It won't go into 3rd gear, it takes 2 to 3 attempts to get t to go.
2006 Honda Civic Si 70,000 mi,
Trouble getting into third gear
2007 Honda Civic Si 101,000 mi,
3rd grinds when i shift it from second gear i need help knowing what should i replace to fix this problem,
2007 Honda Civic Si 95,000 mi,
they took out my trans. and fixed the problem but also tore the boots on my struts/shocks and didnt make it right pretty sorry i thought also made me pay for part of my rental cause the warranty only payed for 7 days and it took them around 10 or 11 days to fix it also not very nice of them. i mean isnt that why i paid extra to start with so i wouldnt have to pay so much out of pocket
2007 Honda Civic Si 90,000 mi,
there are difficulties when shifting from second to third
2007 Honda Civic Si 55,000 mi,
Third gear either grinds or pops out.
2008 Honda Civic Si 30,000 mi,
Grinding or hard shift in to 3rd gear.
Same problem and it seems to be affecting the other gears now
2007 Honda Civic Si 65,700 mi,
IT SHIFT HARD IN THIRD AND POPS OUT OF GEAR STILL DOES IT
2006 Honda Civic Si 36,190 mi,
Is this true? I was having problems shifting into third. I thought it was me. I have 36,190 on my car now. I'll check with honda.
2007 Honda Civic Si 45,000 mi,
I have intermittent problems with 3rd gear. I have heard Honda will replace this at the dealership if you are under 80k - I have yet to try.