Faulty 3rd gear assembly causing shifting problems on Honda Civic Si

On the Si, a faulty 3rd gear can cause problems shifting into third gear. Removing the transmission and replacing the third gear assembly is required to repair this issue.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 58,217 (15,000–99,106)
Drive Train affected: Manual Transmission
3 model years affected: 2006, 2007, 2008
19 people reported this problem
11 people shared problem details
2007 Honda Civic Si80,000
Pops out of 3rd and 5th gears, more use makes it pop out much more often.
I first reported the troublesome 3rd gear a month after purchase. I still have problems with it and just found out there was a TSB on the problem. The dealership never informed me of it. I plan to go in with a copy of the TSB and have this addressed.
2007 Honda Civic Si95,000
they took out my trans. and fixed the problem but also tore the boots on my struts/shocks and didnt make it right pretty sorry i thought also made me pay for part of my rental cause the warranty only payed for 7 days and it took them around 10 or 11 days to fix it also not very nice of them. i mean isnt that why i paid extra to start with so i wouldnt have to pay so much out of pocket
2007 Honda Civic Si90,000
there are difficulties when shifting from second to third
2007 Honda Civic Si55,000
Third gear either grinds or pops out.
2008 Honda Civic Si30,000
Grinding or hard shift in to 3rd gear.
Same problem and it seems to be affecting the other gears now
2006 Honda Civic Si60,000
I bought this car used at 60,000 miles. 3rd gear routinely pops out when driving. around 80,000 miles 5th gear began to get a notchy grind every time I shifted into, and sometimes would pop out while driving as well. Dealership nor extended warranty offered to fix. Never buy a 2006 Honda Civic Si.
2007 Honda Civic Si65,700
IT SHIFT HARD IN THIRD AND POPS OUT OF GEAR STILL DOES IT
2006 Honda Civic Si36,190
Is this true? I was having problems shifting into third. I thought it was me. I have 36,190 on my car now. I'll check with honda.
2007 Honda Civic Si45,000
I have intermittent problems with 3rd gear. I have heard Honda will replace this at the dealership if you are under 80k - I have yet to try.
Everyone I've ever met who owns an 8th gen Civic Si has experienced grinding in 2nd, 3rd or bot...
On some models the bump stop in the strut can cause a noise on turns. Replacement of the bump s...
Lately I have been getting a CEL code 9, No 1 Cylinder Position code. It happens in the mornin...