Car Problem Reports

Honda Civic Si Problem
12 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2006, 2007

Average Mileage: 63,863 mi (36,190 mi - 99,106 mi)

Verified
On the Si, a faulty 3rd gear can cause problems shifting into third gear. Removing the transmission and replacing the third gear assembly is required to repair this issue.
  • I first reported the troublesome 3rd gear a month after purchase. I still have problems with it and just found out there was a TSB on the problem. The dealership never informed me of it. I plan to go in with a copy of the TSB and have this addressed.

• Same problem and it seems to be affecting the other gears now

• Visitor, , 80,000 mi

Pops out of 3rd and 5th gears, more use makes it pop out much more often.

• Visitor, , 60,000 mi

I bought this car used at 60,000 miles. 3rd gear routinely pops out when driving. around 80,000 miles 5th gear began to get a notchy grind every time I shifted into, and sometimes would pop out while driving as well. Dealership nor extended warranty offered to fix. Never buy a 2006 Honda Civic Si.

• Visitor, , 65,700 mi

IT SHIFT HARD IN THIRD AND POPS OUT OF GEAR STILL DOES IT

• Visitor, , 36,190 mi

Is this true? I was having problems shifting into third. I thought it was me. I have 36,190 on my car now. I'll check with honda.

• Visitor, , 45,000 mi

I have intermittent problems with 3rd gear. I have heard Honda will replace this at the dealership if you are under 80k - I have yet to try.