Car Problem Reports

Mercedes-Benz S550 Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure

Mercedes-Benz S550 Problem
12 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Average Mileage: 67,770 mi (22,100 mi - 115,000 mi)

Verified

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

•  Rookie

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 MB S550 (43,000 miles).
    I encountered two problems;
    #1. Engine check light comes on while driving on the road. The engine is shaking badly when the engine check light comes on and the problem goes away when I restart then engine with the key.
    #2. Occasionally, I am unable to strat the engine. The engine would start when the gear is put in "N" instead of "P". Are these problems associates with Crankshaft Sensor Failure??

• Visitor, , 22,100 mi

Dealer found and repaired problem during B service.

• Visitor, , 51,015 mi

Won't even turn over. Battery fully charged. Slight, faint electronic noise for about 2 seconds. Then silence.

• Visitor, , 51,000 mi

same problem code p10016 took it back to were i got the car all they did was reset the code,they told me they fixed it were down the road around 8 miles the the check engine light came back on.i called the dealer back its going back to there shop on monday i hope it my last 27 mile trip for this issue

•  Rookie

When I got my s550 3 weeks ago, it stalled as I started it up. It kept stalling. I didn't drive it must because I was going to get the car checked out at the dealership. I had just kept it in the garage. Yesterday I drove it to the bank, then I left and went to dry cleaners. Was in there 5mins. As I left car won't start up. I had. To get it towed to the dealership. Had battery tested(13.2 volts) Good Battery. Waiting to see what the damage is. I want the dealer to cover all cost.