Stalling and/or "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor on Mercedes-Benz S550

Problem Description and Possible Solution

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 79,498 (22,100–144,714)
Engine affected: 5.7L V8
4 model years affected: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
18 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 comments
I purchased a pre-owned 2007 MB S550 (43,000 miles).
I encountered two problems;
#1. Engine check light comes on while driving on the road. The engine is shaking badly when the engine check light comes on and the problem goes away when I restart then engine with the key.
#2. Occasionally, I am unable to strat the engine. The engine would start when the gear is put in "N" instead of "P". Are these problems associates with Crankshaft Sensor Failure??
When I got my s550 3 weeks ago, it stalled as I started it up. It kept stalling. I didn't drive it must because I was going to get the car checked out at the dealership. I had just kept it in the garage. Yesterday I drove it to the bank, then I left and went to dry cleaners. Was in there 5mins. As I left car won't start up. I had. To get it towed to the dealership. Had battery tested(13.2 volts) Good Battery. Waiting to see what the damage is. I want the dealer to cover all cost.
Won't even turn over. Battery fully charged. Slight, faint electronic noise for about 2 seconds. Then silence.
Dealer found and repaired problem during B service.
Car will not crank sometimes but after sitting will start! Not fixed yet
Sometimes it won't start. Random. It will turn on, lights on dash on and make a brief electrical type noise, then die. May be several times in a row, then start and run without problem. Dealership has tried to "fix" it twice, but again I was stranded in a parking lot. After 30 minutes, it started. I took it back to the dealership and they can't find a problem at present.
It started and drove and then acted up I turned the key it seemed like it started and then stalled and just now only makes like a whining noise not sure what it is
same problem code p10016 took it back to were i got the car all they did was reset the code,they told me they fixed it were down the road around 8 miles the the check engine light came back on.i called the dealer back its going back to there shop on monday i hope it my last 27 mile trip for this issue