Cadillac Eldorado Problem Report

Cadillac Eldorado Stalling Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor

(26 reports)

The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall intermittently, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate.

I think i'm having a similar problem. Car will just die after its warmed up and driving around town. I keep blowing fuel pump fuses. check engine like is on . -
i've owned 3 cadillacs and an aurora wich runs the same engine as cadillac and had the same problem with all 4 vehicles, they all stall at traffic stops. I was told by the dealership mechanic that this is a common problem due to the casing of the sensor becoming brittle by the engine heat. -
Stalls when I make a left turn from a turn lane with a light pluslikes to idel up when sitting in traffic -
I replaced a seal in the transmison i had to take out the transmision put it back put everything back like it was now it will trun over but want start and i dont have spark -
changed crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor -
same problem, ended up replacing both the cam and crank position sensors -
car just stops running when slowing down -
Engine would falter or completely stall or would be hard to restart after the engine was warmed up. Replacement of both upper and lower sensors. Located just above the oil filter. -
Car will idle alright and drive good then when i come to a stop the car will cut off. The amazing thing is the dealership charged me 1,500 dollars and said it was fixed , however the car is still shutting off. They said it wasalot of gas in the intake. -
my car idles up every now then I can turn engine off and most of the time when i restart it wil...
po30 is the code for isc moter rpm out of range in which my car has a fast idle plus the isc mo...
The engine control module (ECM) electrical grounds on the front of the engine block may develop...
what is a EGR sensor