Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems on Mercedes-Benz S320

Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 133,874 (40,000–273,000)
6 model years affected: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, more1998, 1999
52 people reported this problem
28 people shared problem details
AUTOMATIC LOCKS DON'T WORK AND CAN'T LOCK DOORS USING CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM
Upvoted (23)Flag Inappropriate
can not unlock any door. levers only go up half way but not fully up it almost feels like not enough air to push em up. trunk opens fine
Upvoted (10)Flag Inappropriate
I have to manually push all rear and passenger doors locks down. Then use the ignition key to lock the driver's door. I got to manually slam the trunk down and then lock trunk w/ ignition key.
Intermittent door/trunk closing assist. Found that pulling fuse and re-installing would resume proper function. Currently researching specific cause. Suspect relay or switching device in system.
Closing Assist, drivers Door Issues Due to known reason.
Easy fix for this problem. Access pump at back of trunk and check air lines for tighness. Can adjust amount of tension applied to doors and trunk. Search web for exact fix but very easy fix.
Problem began with a battery that does not hold a charge.
power locks don't work and trunk,Closing Assist/Door & trunk
door locks dont work with key or button trunk wont open with button inside car rear backup bars in rear quarter pannels wont go down
Doors will open atfer being unlock with key or remote
3 doorlocks do not open close with remote need to manually open seats dont move rear view mirror doesnt move trunk lid tongue remains stuck in out position
Just quit on me. Have to unplug the fuse every now and then to close the trunk properly.
DOOR LOCKS WILL NOT UNLOCK-MAINLY DRIVER'S SIDE REAR. TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN SOMETIMES WHEN INTERIOR SWITCH IS DEPRESSED. PNUEMATIC MOTOR REPLACEMENT.
door lock or unlock not work but light work
The key fob would open and close the door locks but stopped working. I replaced the battery in key - no luck. Have to push down on other door locks - use key to manual lock drivers door. Trunk does not open nor does gas cover open. Right now unable to put gas in car.
My trunk seems to b open when it's closed. People stop me and tell me my trunk is open. Why won't it close all the way down?
Door becomes ajar after closing. Doesnt lock correctly if ajar when alarm is set so I open the door when I return, having forgotten I left the alarm on and the alarm goes off
can luck doors using the main power luck. Can open the trunk from inside and I do not hear the pneumatic system working
Doors star acting lack sistem donot want to work
power locks don't work. all doors don't unlock even the main switch, including doors/trunk clos...
When any of the doors are open and not locked it won't do this. But when all the doors are clos...
my interior trunk open release button not working, the interior automatic doors, lock button no...
power door locks and closing assist door & trunk don't work
I live in Qatar , at summer the wether heat reach up to 47 degree , befor my car heat was suita...