Car Problem Reports

Mercedes-Benz S500 Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems

Mercedes-Benz S500 Problem
34 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006

Average Mileage: 132,980 mi (42,000 mi - 268,000 mi)

Verified

Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.

• Visitor, , 109,400 mi

The central locking system does not work from the smartkey nor from the interior buttons. The truck will not open with they key either. I replace the 20 amp fuse in the F62 space from under the rear passenger back seat behind the light. This did not solve the problem. I can hear the pump go on and off as I press the key but does not do anything. The headrests do not go down either when pressing the release button. Not sure if its a leak or not.

•  Rookie

System fails to close doors. Removing fuse will make it work again (for an unspecified time period)

• Visitor, , 115,000 mi

I have a 2003 Mercedes S500 my doors want lock/unlock also my trunk want open unless I open it with the key but I have to manly shut it I also notice my massage sits are not working and the back headrest isn't working can someone please help me out with these issues

•  Rookie

Smart key won't open door, battery is fine. Can't unlock doors or trunk from switches inside. Blade key was working fine for several months, now would not totally release drivers door had to get roadside assistance to manually unlock.

• Visitor, , 125,000 mi

ITS A REOCCURRING PROBLEM, A TEMPORARY FIX FOR MOST OF THE SYSTEM IS REPLACING THE FUSE IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES FOR ONE ITEM AND NOT THE OTHERS (I.E. THE TRUNK STILL DOESN'T WORK BUT THE DOORS DO.) THEN ITS USUALLY PRESSURIZATION ISSUE AND EVEN THAT CAN BE A SIMPLE FIX IF YOU CAN FIND THE AIR LEAK.

• Visitor, , 148,000 mi

Auto assist door closing and locking stopped working. Truck has to be manually opened. Patched a leak in the line but still won't work.

• Visitor, , 85,000 mi

Can the Bosch Vacuum Supply Pump which assists with closing the doors and head rest be repaired or must it be replaced.

• Visitor, , 174,000 mi

Front driver's side power door close assist stopped functioning. I have not started troubleshooting.

• Visitor, , 148,000 mi

Smart key won't unlock the car. Weather conditions are cold and snowing

• Visitor, , 121,000 mi

I also have the same issue with tunklid

+ See more reports