Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problemson Mercedes-Benz S500

Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage : 133,224 (42,000–268,000)
12 Years Affected: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
39 people reported this problem
14 people shared problem details
The central locking system does not work from the smartkey nor from the interior buttons. The truck will not open with they key either. I replace the 20 amp fuse in the F62 space from under the rear passenger back seat behind the light. This did not solve the problem. I can hear the pump go on and off as I press the key but does not do anything. The headrests do not go down either when pressing the release button. Not sure if its a leak or not.
14 people like thisFlag inappropiate
System fails to close doors. Removing fuse will make it work again (for an unspecified time period)
9 people like thisFlag inappropiate
I have a 2003 Mercedes S500 my doors want lock/unlock also my trunk want open unless I open it with the key but I have to manly shut it I also notice my massage sits are not working and the back headrest isn't working can someone please help me out with these issues
7 people like thisFlag inappropiate
Smart key won't open door, battery is fine. Can't unlock doors or trunk from switches inside. Blade key was working fine for several months, now would not totally release drivers door had to get roadside assistance to manually unlock.
6 people like thisFlag inappropiate
ITS A REOCCURRING PROBLEM, A TEMPORARY FIX FOR MOST OF THE SYSTEM IS REPLACING THE FUSE IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES FOR ONE ITEM AND NOT THE OTHERS (I.E. THE TRUNK STILL DOESN'T WORK BUT THE DOORS DO.) THEN ITS USUALLY PRESSURIZATION ISSUE AND EVEN THAT CAN BE A SIMPLE FIX IF YOU CAN FIND THE AIR LEAK.
4 people like thisFlag inappropiate
Can the Bosch Vacuum Supply Pump which assists with closing the doors and head rest be repaired or must it be replaced.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiate
Auto assist door closing and locking stopped working. Truck has to be manually opened. Patched a leak in the line but still won't work.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
door locks and trunk luck inoperative from key fob or interior buttons
Front driver's side power door close assist stopped functioning. I have not started troubleshooting.
Smart key won't unlock the car. Weather conditions are cold and snowing
I also have the same issue with tunklid
Having the same problem with the car locking. First it was the trunk not properly shutting, then I could only lock the cab from the trunk, and now the trunk locl is not working. I replaced the fuse, which worked for a day. Now I leave my car unlocked all the time.
failure in pse system...remote does not open doors are trunk of car.
Passenger door won't close. Must roll down front and back windows, close the door and use key to lock door to get windows to close fully.
I have to manually push down and up on all the doors to lock and open, the driver door I have t...
trunk will not close tight, motor does not seem to be pulling it snug
The door for the vanity mirror (or the frame for the door) can break; due to a redesign, the mi...
The doors seem permanently stuck close for some reason. Can you give me a clue to what's going...