Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems on Mercedes-Benz S500

Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 128,721 (42,000–268,000)
13 model years affected: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, more1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
67 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 20 of 32 problem details
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500 109,400 mi,
The central locking system does not work from the smartkey nor from the interior buttons. The truck will not open with they key either. I replace the 20 amp fuse in the F62 space from under the rear passenger back seat behind the light. This did not solve the problem. I can hear the pump go on and off as I press the key but does not do anything. The headrests do not go down either when pressing the release button. Not sure if its a leak or not.
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500 115,000 mi,
I have a 2003 Mercedes S500 my doors want lock/unlock also my trunk want open unless I open it with the key but I have to manly shut it I also notice my massage sits are not working and the back headrest isn't working can someone please help me out with these issues
Smart key won't open door, battery is fine. Can't unlock doors or trunk from switches inside. Blade key was working fine for several months, now would not totally release drivers door had to get roadside assistance to manually unlock.
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 139,764 mi,
I have the problem , remote will only lock drivers door but will not open it . passenger side only way to lock or unlock is by hand. The rear doors will not unlock but if you unlock them manually when you drive the car they will lock. Fuel door lock will only work to lock and will.not unlock. Can any one help with my problem?
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 85,000 mi,
Can the Bosch Vacuum Supply Pump which assists with closing the doors and head rest be repaired or must it be replaced.
My remote FOB will not lock or unlock my car doors
System fails to close doors. Removing fuse will make it work again (for an unspecified time period)
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500 60,000 mi,
1999 Mercedes-Benz S500 125,000 mi,
ITS A REOCCURRING PROBLEM, A TEMPORARY FIX FOR MOST OF THE SYSTEM IS REPLACING THE FUSE IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES FOR ONE ITEM AND NOT THE OTHERS (I.E. THE TRUNK STILL DOESN'T WORK BUT THE DOORS DO.) THEN ITS USUALLY PRESSURIZATION ISSUE AND EVEN THAT CAN BE A SIMPLE FIX IF YOU CAN FIND THE AIR LEAK.
2002 Mercedes-Benz S500 148,000 mi,
Auto assist door closing and locking stopped working. Truck has to be manually opened. Patched a leak in the line but still won't work.
1995 Mercedes-Benz S500 198,000 mi,
It isn't fixed . Drivers door will not open no matter what I have to climb over passenger seat
key fob does not open doors and open truck
1995 Mercedes-Benz S500 44,000 mi,
Problem with pneumatic system, auto assist doors don't work, trunk doesn't close properly unless you pull switch in hole inside to the left, driver door unlocks much slower than rest.
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 115,095 mi,
door doesn't close automatically when shut
I can not let window down with remote
2002 Mercedes-Benz S500 98,000 mi,
door locks and trunk luck inoperative from key fob or interior buttons
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 220,000 mi,
Doors trunk and gas door will not open
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 107,398 mi,
I cant unlock my doors my switch works makes the knob on door go up and down i hit unlock on key comes up but doors stay locked
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500 60,000 mi,
Problem not fixed .Do not know cost. door does not close automatic.
Trunk wont open and doors dont lock