Chrysler Sebring Problem Report

Chrysler Sebring Automatic Transmission May Have Shifting Problems

(52 reports)

The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.

Right now my 2006 Sebring is stuck in my driveway. I cannot get the gear shift out of Park. The car starts with no problem, I put my foot on the brake to move the shift, but it doesn't move!!!!! -
the car jumps after coming to a stop. the car will not shift sometimes until i turn the engine off and restart the car -
when car is cold slow to go into gear, have to rev engine and then jerks into gear. Made a whinning sound as well, flushed trans and replaced filter and fluid. This seemed to fix the sound but still slow to shift into gear when cold. -
Check Engine light came on and ca will not shift out of 2nd gear! -
shifting problems -
Paid for rebuilt transmission and it still "downshifts" from D to 2nd gear, sometimes will not go forward but will drive in reverse. Too many miles I guess. -
found my gear shifting to be a linkage issue covered under a 2000 recall from Chrysler. Problem solved, no charge -
The car jump in stop, and the car shifting a fixed when turn off. -
does not shift past 3rd? -
Never shifts the same some times it has a delay when coming to a stop sign and will have a harsh shift starting again -
On a cold start the transmission does not engage. I rev the engine after putting in "drive" and then the engine will jump. After about 5 mins the car will run normal. -
downshift while at road speed , will not shift up after this. -
Delayed shifts at times rough shifting -
Check Engine Light is on and suck in 1st gear -
I cannot change gear at all.It is not fix yet. This is the second time this problem has occurred in the last 4 years. The chrysler dealership had to pick up the car. -
Won't shift out of third replaced the shift solenoid it still won't shift. She won't let me go faster then 60.. RPM's go past 6 -
Jerks into gear sometimes. Currently, stuck in 2nd gear. When putting the top dow, the top will jerkily go down as the engine revs and the speedometer says the car is going 20mph even though it's in park. -
When it's cold out the car slips out if gear when first started. Have to let it warm up then it drives fine. The rest of the day it's fine even if it's cold all day. It only happens first time it's started for the day. -
same problem here. jumps 2k rpm to 6k rpm shifts erratically. I have to turn it off and restart to drive the car. -
it is shifting hared from first to second gear -
After having the head gasket fixed at a shop, we now have no heat. We have replaced the thermos...
completely replaced all brake lines and brakes and houses on my wife's car she inherited from h...
I just want to find out where the Automatic Shutdown Relay is located on my car.
car can not be taken out of park. Is the gear shift module/shifter assembly covered under the p...
My transmission shifts rough from first to second gear.It shifts good when I first drive it but...