Car Problem Reports

Chrysler Sebring Problem
23 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006

Average Mileage: 116,513 mi (78,000 mi - 210,000 mi)

Verified

The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.

• Visitor, , 78,000 mi

Right now my 2006 Sebring is stuck in my driveway. I cannot get the gear shift out of Park. The car starts with no problem, I put my foot on the brake to move the shift, but it doesn't move!!!!!

• the car jumps after coming to a stop. the car will not shift sometimes until
    i turn the engine off and restart the car

• Visitor, , 205,000 mi

Paid for rebuilt transmission and it still "downshifts" from D to 2nd gear, sometimes will not go forward but will drive in reverse. Too many miles I guess.

• Visitor, , 124,300 mi

Never shifts the same some times it has a delay when coming to a stop sign and will have a harsh shift starting again

• Visitor, , 96,243 mi

found my gear shifting to be a linkage issue covered under a 2000 recall from Chrysler. Problem solved, no charge

• Visitor, , 95,681 mi

when car is cold slow to go into gear, have to rev engine and then jerks into gear. Made a whinning sound as well, flushed trans and replaced filter and fluid. This seemed to fix the sound but still slow to shift into gear when cold.

• Visitor, , 83,232 mi

Right now my 2006 Sebring is stuck in my driveway. I cannot get the gear shift out of Park. The car starts with no problem, I put my foot on the brake to move the shift into reverse but had to force, it did not stay. Still stuck in park!

•  Rookie

The engine files at a stop 15-20mph, it jumps at a stop, it shift while driving down the road then speedometer sticks at 40mph and engine is revving above 3,000 ramps.

• Visitor, , 210,000 mi

After 210,000 miles, my trans is shifting really hard on accelerations and downshifting as well. Guess its time for a rebuild. Replaces speed sensors and shift solenoid but had no improvement in the shifting. Also changed fluid and filter.

• Visitor, , 99,950 mi