Chrysler Sebring Problem Report

Chrysler Sebring Automatic Transmission May Have Shifting Problems

(42 reports)

The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.

the car jumps after coming to a stop. the car will not shift sometimes until i turn the engine off and restart the car -
when car is cold slow to go into gear, have to rev engine and then jerks into gear. Made a whinning sound as well, flushed trans and replaced filter and fluid. This seemed to fix the sound but still slow to shift into gear when cold. -
Right now my 2006 Sebring is stuck in my driveway. I cannot get the gear shift out of Park. The car starts with no problem, I put my foot on the brake to move the shift, but it doesn't move!!!!! -
Check Engine light came on and ca will not shift out of 2nd gear! -
shifting problems -
Paid for rebuilt transmission and it still "downshifts" from D to 2nd gear, sometimes will not go forward but will drive in reverse. Too many miles I guess. -
found my gear shifting to be a linkage issue covered under a 2000 recall from Chrysler. Problem solved, no charge -
does not shift past 3rd? -
Never shifts the same some times it has a delay when coming to a stop sign and will have a harsh shift starting again -
same problem here. jumps 2k rpm to 6k rpm shifts erratically. I have to turn it off and restart to drive the car. -
it is shifting hared from first to second gear -
Clunk sound when shifting from low to second, everything else ok -
My Daughters 2004 Sebring won't engage in any gear when it starts getting cold roughly 38°. it will eventually go into gear if you sit with it in reverse or D long enough. We had the transmission fluid changed & a complete flush to no avail. We haven't had it repaired as of right now. -
When pushing on gas slightly it jerks. -
The car is stuck in park. when I attempt to shift out of park (the brake is engaged) it will not shift; it sticks repeatedly in park and then all of a sudden will allow you to shift. -
Transmission slips when first started and put into drive. Once warmed up it is fine. -
hard shifting. -
Rough shifting and sometimes won't even shift to drive gets stuck in reverse. Had this same problem last year at this exact time, was told it was the transmission. Had them fix it for $1100 and now its back. I will never buy a Chrysler again. -
Right now my 2006 Sebring is stuck in my driveway. I cannot get the gear shift out of Park. The car starts with no problem, I put my foot on the brake to move the shift into reverse but had to force, it did not stay. Still stuck in park! -
The engine files at a stop 15-20mph, it jumps at a stop, it shift while driving down the road then speedometer sticks at 40mph and engine is revving above 3,000 ramps. -
After having the head gasket fixed at a shop, we now have no heat. We have replaced the thermos...
I just want to find out where the Automatic Shutdown Relay is located on my car.
My transmission shifts rough from first to second gear.It shifts good when I first drive it but...
Car won't shift out of first gear