Toyota Highlander Problem Report

Toyota Highlander Airbag Light Due to Problematic Center Airbag Sensor

(22 reports)

A problematic center airbag sensor can cause the airbag malfunction light to illuminate.

air bag light goes on during very cold spells. when temperature rises, light turns off -
Same problem. Under extremely cold (5 degrees F and below, the airbag light will come on and blink while the car is running. Drive for 15 or 20 minutes, turn the car off, restart it, and the light will go out. -
Airbag light stayss on when car starts after sitting outside overnight at 20 degrees. -
Still looking for a correction although the dealer admits it is a known problem. There claim at the time was that there was NO recorded "code" to tell them exactly what it was!? At the time, we had extended warranty coverage. It happens every cold spell--about 10 degrees F and lower. It lasts about 1/2 hour and then the light finally shuts off. They won't say definitively whether we are in danger, or not, while the light is flashing. -
Exact same problem. Happens when its cold. Never happened in summer. -
I have the same problem air bag light flashes then goes off when it gets warm out. -
Airbag light won't go off after the car warms up if it's extremely cold. -
airbag sensor is blinking on an extremely cold morning (-5 degrees) -
At temps around 35F & lower, check SRS airbag system message. Dealer won't acknowledge or fix. -
This the first time the airbag light stayed on while i was driving, temp was 10 degrees never went off. -
Air bag light on extremely cold temprature -
Air bag light coming in sparatically -
Woke up this morning to 19 degree weather and airbag light flashing. I've never seen this happen before. -
Only happened during cold weather. -
airbag light flashes when it sits outside and gets below 10. -
Airbag Sensor light went on when temperature was below 20 degrees. Light went off after temperature rose above 30 degrees -
The temp went down to -2 F and the car was parked outside for an hour and half. when I just started my car, the airbag light started flashing and did not go away. Again the next day morning when I started the car ( temp was still around -4 F), so the light keeps flashing. Called toyota dealer . They said it is 97 dollar for running diagnosis -
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of ai...
My daughter was involved in an accident in her 2007 Highlander. The policeman estimated the sp...
My break lights work on drivers side and top center light but not in pass side _ I replaced th...
My engine light went on and this is the second time it did. The first time someone said "just...
8 days ago, after picking my car up from a 55,000 mile servicing, within 15 minutes the Check e...