Lexus
SC430

Volume Control Problems With Premiun Stereo System on Lexus SC430

Problem Description and Possible Solution

Vehicles equipped with premium Mark Levinson stereo may experience no sound or volume that goes to maximum level by itself. An improved amplifier is available to rectify this problem.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 67,255 (20,000–90,000)
3 model years affected: 2002, 2006, 2008
14 people reported this problem
Comments
Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 comments
There is no sound ! The radio changes stations and allows me to change to cd but no sound !! How do I fix this problem.
When car started and radio is turned on or already on, there's a brief pause followed by frighteningly loud volume and change to all the eq.
I had the same problem - had a replacement system installed at Pembroke Pines Fl. Lexus - cost $2500 - the problem still persists from time to time . Then it resolves itself - as long as you are willing to hear the HIGH volume for a second or two.
The volume spikes to as loud as possible. It sounds like an airplane is about to land on top of you. Scares me to death every time it happens. Totally intermittent so I can never predict when it's going to happen. It happens whether I use the steering column controls or the radio button, turning it on, off, up or down.
Same problem with radio going from no sound to maximum sound. Scares the hell out of anyone in the car. The first time it happened I thought that i was in a car accident for a moment. Works fine most of the time. Never can predict when it will happen. Not sure if it is the radio or the amp?
The volume goes to maximum from time to time
Same problem
HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM UNTIL THE AMP BLEW OUT ENTIRELY HAD TO REPLACE THE RADIO
My audio system spikes - loud to an extreme - from time to time. Lexus has not found out what causes the problem
Also had a problem with the amp, but not this problem. Fan motor would never shut down and amp was replaced at no cost under pre-certified warranty. Levinson stereo seems to get quite a few complaints over the years (e.g., speakers, amps). However, I have had no other problems with our system.
Volume spikes up to max level from time to time - I brought it into Lexus and still have the problem .