Car Problem Reports

Acura RL Problem
36 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006

Average Mileage: 126,766 mi (21,000 mi - 271,700 mi)

Verified

The Airbag (SRS) warning light may illuminate due to one or more failed sensors. Our technicians recommend complete diagnoses of any stored fault codes because these sensors can be very expensive to replace.

• Visitor,

Same issue on a 2000 with 150K. SRS light on and have traced it to a seat sensor. Like lots of things, electronic parts are far more generic than one might believe when it comes to switches and such.

Once I dig into it and determine the specs, I'll try to source it independently of the Honda supply chain.

• Visitor, , 118,000 mi

Problem diagnosed as bad seat belt sensor. I was told at the dealership that the light being on disabled the airbags in the car as well. Shoddy design if a bad sensor on the passenger side seat belt disabled the driver's side airbag. Bad design if the seat belt sensor is bad, but it still shuts down the airbag, even though there's nothing wrong with either the seat belt, or the air bag. Sounds like a problem that could endanger lives.

• Marhem, , 180,600 mi

Has it chcecked and was told it was a sensor under the passengers seat, which could be replaced for $355. Is there a less expensive price for this.

• Visitor, , 113,000 mi

SRS light, turns out if it needs OPDS sensor, part is $730, about $960 with labor! if just unit, around $400. Warranty for this expired 2010. We just bought this car for my son! It Was a great deal....then this! Good luck if this happens to you!

SRS light stay on

• Visitor, , 155,000 mi

One day SRS light came on and stayed on. dealer quoted $1800-$1950 to replace the whole airbag system. I think it should be covered by life time warranty or recall.

• Visitor, , 70,000 mi

My SRS light came on and I took it to the dealer who informed me that it was sensors in my passanger seat had gone bad . He said it would be 800.00 to fix. I did some checking on my own and discovered that the warranty on these parts had been extended for 10 years or I believe 150,000 miles. Once I called and told him about my findings he then confirmed it and there was no charge. (Thankfully I checked on my own before just going ahead and getting it repaired ) my SRS came on again ater 80,000 miles . This time it was a faukty sealt belt sensor and again there was no charge. I Love my Acura and have had very little problems. I purchased it new in 2002 and just now have had a few problems.

• Visitor, , 50,000 mi

This is an ongoing problem since I owned the car. I finally made a push button with a plug and in 30 seconds I can reset the light whenever it activates. I keep the button and instructions in my glove box for whenever it occurs.

• Visitor,

SRS LIGHT STAYS ON I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT FIND OUT WHY BUT WOULD START REPLACING PARTS IF I WANTED TO

• Visitor, , 120,000 mi