Car Problem Reports

Acura RL Problem
37 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006

Average Mileage: 126,698 mi (21,000 mi - 271,700 mi)

Verified

The Airbag (SRS) warning light may illuminate due to one or more failed sensors. Our technicians recommend complete diagnoses of any stored fault codes because these sensors can be very expensive to replace.

• Visitor,

Same issue on a 2000 with 150K. SRS light on and have traced it to a seat sensor. Like lots of things, electronic parts are far more generic than one might believe when it comes to switches and such.

Once I dig into it and determine the specs, I'll try to source it independently of the Honda supply chain.

• Marhem, , 180,600 mi

Has it chcecked and was told it was a sensor under the passengers seat, which could be replaced for $355. Is there a less expensive price for this.

• Visitor, , 113,000 mi

SRS light, turns out if it needs OPDS sensor, part is $730, about $960 with labor! if just unit, around $400. Warranty for this expired 2010. We just bought this car for my son! It Was a great deal....then this! Good luck if this happens to you!

• Visitor, , 118,000 mi

Problem diagnosed as bad seat belt sensor. I was told at the dealership that the light being on disabled the airbags in the car as well. Shoddy design if a bad sensor on the passenger side seat belt disabled the driver's side airbag. Bad design if the seat belt sensor is bad, but it still shuts down the airbag, even though there's nothing wrong with either the seat belt, or the air bag. Sounds like a problem that could endanger lives.

• Visitor,

SRS light stay on

• Visitor, , 155,000 mi

One day SRS light came on and stayed on. dealer quoted $1800-$1950 to replace the whole airbag system. I think it should be covered by life time warranty or recall.

• Visitor, , 50,000 mi

This is an ongoing problem since I owned the car. I finally made a push button with a plug and in 30 seconds I can reset the light whenever it activates. I keep the button and instructions in my glove box for whenever it occurs.

• Visitor, , 70,000 mi

My SRS light came on and I took it to the dealer who informed me that it was sensors in my passanger seat had gone bad . He said it would be 800.00 to fix. I did some checking on my own and discovered that the warranty on these parts had been extended for 10 years or I believe 150,000 miles. Once I called and told him about my findings he then confirmed it and there was no charge. (Thankfully I checked on my own before just going ahead and getting it repaired ) my SRS came on again ater 80,000 miles . This time it was a faukty sealt belt sensor and again there was no charge. I Love my Acura and have had very little problems. I purchased it new in 2002 and just now have had a few problems.

• darrius, , 271,700 mi

I have several codes on my 1999 Acura Rl. 1)P0155 2)P0174 3)p1204 4)P0401=EGR VALVE Also, SRS Light is On, TCS Light is on, ABS Light is on. Car still drives good but, I found out that the O2 sensor after the catalyis converter needs replacing. EGR Valve is 149.99, O2 sensor is 168.99 Direct fit Possible#4 Cylinder coil is misfiring.

• Visitor, , 125,000 mi

12 year old RL, 125,000 miles...I live in NC and the car HAS NEVER PASSED NC INSPECTION due to the SRS light being on...Every year the car has to go to the dealership and be repaired usually in excess of $550.00..Within 100 miles after the repair the light comes back on. I have been researching the problem on AcuraZine so I CAN TELL THEM WHAT TO FIX..ie..seatbelt..This is a wonderful car and I love it...However, I have had SRS problems since Flow Motors replaced the ??main computer module??? apx 7 yrs ago..Cost more than $900.00..Last year the steering column up/down switch failed...I do not know if they removed the dashboard to diagnose this or what..Since that time I have had numerous problems ..heat fan does not blow from middle vents, left and right clock lights work randomly, controls for Radio/CD/Volume on steering column perform the wrong function randomly..ie..I use volume control and the CD switches tracks, CD skips when I use the Cruise functions on the steering column...I never realize these "new" glitches/problems until I drive on a long trip...generally I run errands within 10 miles of my home..so I just deal with it....The engine is great and I will drive the car until the engine dies..

+ See more reports