Car Problem Reports

Acura RL Problem
27 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Average Mileage: 129,680 mi (21,000 mi - 271,700 mi)

Verified

The Airbag (SRS) warning light may illuminate due to one or more failed sensors. Our technicians recommend complete diagnoses of any stored fault codes because these sensors can be very expensive to replace.

• Marhem, , 180,600 mi

Has it chcecked and was told it was a sensor under the passengers seat, which could be replaced for $355. Is there a less expensive price for this.

• Visitor, , 113,000 mi

SRS light, turns out if it needs OPDS sensor, part is $730, about $960 with labor! if just unit, around $400. Warranty for this expired 2010. We just bought this car for my son! It Was a great deal....then this! Good luck if this happens to you!

• Visitor, , 118,000 mi

Problem diagnosed as bad seat belt sensor. I was told at the dealership that the light being on disabled the airbags in the car as well. Shoddy design if a bad sensor on the passenger side seat belt disabled the driver's side airbag. Bad design if the seat belt sensor is bad, but it still shuts down the airbag, even though there's nothing wrong with either the seat belt, or the air bag. Sounds like a problem that could endanger lives.

• Visitor,

Same issue on a 2000 with 150K. SRS light on and have traced it to a seat sensor. Like lots of things, electronic parts are far more generic than one might believe when it comes to switches and such.

Once I dig into it and determine the specs, I'll try to source it independently of the Honda supply chain.

• Visitor, , 70,000 mi

My SRS light came on and I took it to the dealer who informed me that it was sensors in my passanger seat had gone bad . He said it would be 800.00 to fix. I did some checking on my own and discovered that the warranty on these parts had been extended for 10 years or I believe 150,000 miles. Once I called and told him about my findings he then confirmed it and there was no charge. (Thankfully I checked on my own before just going ahead and getting it repaired ) my SRS came on again ater 80,000 miles . This time it was a faukty sealt belt sensor and again there was no charge. I Love my Acura and have had very little problems. I purchased it new in 2002 and just now have had a few problems.

• Visitor,

SRS light stay on

• Visitor, , 124,000 mi

SRS light on

• Visitor, , 21,000 mi

The SRS light is constantly on. I have been told that there was a recall to fix the problem and they extended the recall time to 10 year. I don't know if the Acura dealership is going to honor the no cost fix.

• Visitor, , 190,000 mi

My SRS light flashed for a while now it is on permanently. It will not pass inspection until it is fixed.

• Visitor, , 183,000 mi

My side airbag light will flash on and off when my teenage son sits in the front seat.

+ See more reports