Reprogram computer to fix shifting problem in automatic transmission on Acura RL

Some automatic transmissions have a shifting problem that can be corrected by simply reprogramming the computer.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 98,007 (14,320–155,698)
6 model years affected: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, more2009, 2010
12 people reported this problem
5 people shared problem details
2010 Acura RL14,320
When driving at lower speeds 25-30 mph, the trans would start lugging and a groan type noise is heard. I thought is was shifting into 4th or even fifth gear. If put in sport mode, it will not happen. Took the car in for a sunroof issue and was told there is a trans ecu udate and asked me if I experienced any shifting problems. YES! so it is at the dealer now and hopefully it is fixed.
4 people like thisFlag inappropiate
2005 Acura RL126,922
A Wierd grunt noise and shifting when driving at a set speeds. Usually when is in 5th gear between 30 and 50 mph.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiate
My 2006 Acura TL stopped shifting into 2nd gear. Once I've started driving, the vehicle does not move to the next gear and stays idle causing me to pull off the road. I have noticed if I turn off the engine and restart the vehicle, the gears will move properly. I have had the transmission flushed with no result. Now, the Acura dealer tells me that it is my transmission but I'm not so sure.
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
2008 Acura RL81,230
At 40 - 45 mph on level road, about 1000 rpm, the transmission does not down shift and lugs the engine causing a vibration noise. If manually downshift to 4th, the problem disappears.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
2005 Acura RL110,000
slipping shuddering at 1500 -1600 rpms. solved with update at acura dealer.
check engine light on for months. car still drove perfect. finally took to mechanic for diagnos...
I work for a scrap yard in the crash book I have it says that 00-04 is compatible. But i now ha...
my sunroof switch doesn't work automatically, the dealer had reset it once before i need to res...
Acura extended the warranty due to numerous issues with the automatic transmission. Problems wi...