Reprogram computer to fix shifting problem in automatic transmission on Acura RL

Some automatic transmissions have a shifting problem that can be corrected by simply reprogramming the computer.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 121,104 (14,320–266,000)
7 model years affected: 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007, more2008, 2009, 2010
17 people reported this problem
The nation’s largest network of independent repair shops certified for expert training, quality work and fair pricing
Viewing
of
problem details
My 2006 Acura TL stopped shifting into 2nd gear. Once I've started driving, the vehicle does not move to the next gear and stays idle causing me to pull off the road. I have noticed if I turn off the engine and restart the vehicle, the gears will move properly. I have had the transmission flushed with no result. Now, the Acura dealer tells me that it is my transmission but I'm not so sure.
2010 Acura RL 14,320 mi,
When driving at lower speeds 25-30 mph, the trans would start lugging and a groan type noise is heard. I thought is was shifting into 4th or even fifth gear. If put in sport mode, it will not happen. Took the car in for a sunroof issue and was told there is a trans ecu udate and asked me if I experienced any shifting problems. YES! so it is at the dealer now and hopefully it is fixed.
2005 Acura RL 110,000 mi,
slipping shuddering at 1500 -1600 rpms. solved with update at acura dealer.
2005 Acura RL 126,922 mi,
A Wierd grunt noise and shifting when driving at a set speeds. Usually when is in 5th gear between 30 and 50 mph.
Transmission slips a lot especially when going up hill and taking off
2008 Acura RL 81,230 mi,
At 40 - 45 mph on level road, about 1000 rpm, the transmission does not down shift and lugs the engine causing a vibration noise. If manually downshift to 4th, the problem disappears.
2006 Acura RL 266,000 mi,
1st & reverse work fine, the other gears only work for a few minutes until mdx is warmed up. When transmission fails nothing works, then if the mdx is shut off and restarted 1st & reverse work fine. The transmission only fails when warmed up while shifting into second gear. (2006 MDX)
2005 Acura RL 201,000 mi,
Driving shifts from 1st to 2nd fine 3rd to 4th fine as well 5th gear it slips out I stop turn off & start again repeats steps 1-4
2005 Acura RL 126,000 mi,
car automatically shifts from 5th gear down to 4th gear on the highway. I'm unable to shift back to 5th unless I restart my car