On this V8 engine, timing chain problems are very common. Because the timing chain tensioners were made from plastic, they can fail prematurely and cause serious engine damage. A noticeable engine noise while idling or during a cold start can indicate a timing chain tensioner problem. The engine noise may also be accompanied by a rough or uneven engine idle. Improved components are available to remedy this problem.
Engine Noise While Idling or After Cold Start on Jaguar XK8
7 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 problem details
1997 Jaguar XK8 61,300 mi,
Possible timing chain tensioner problem.
1 answerApril 09, 2010
3 answersApril 12, 2010
1 answerMay 21, 2010
Most Recent Jaguar XK8 Problems
- Flush Hydraulic Fluid to Fix Problems Opening/Closing Convertible Top
- Center Arm Rest Cup Holder May Break
- Overheated Engine Due to Stuck Thermostat
- Plastic Timing Chain Tensioners May Fail and Cause Engine Damage
- Change Automatic Transmission Oil Every 60,000 Miles
- Overheating Due to Failed Water Pump Impeller