Chrysler 300 Problem Report

Chrysler 300 PCM/TCM Software Updates May Address Shifting Problems

(28 reports)

If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.

The drive shift would not change to the next gear. Car would not go over 20 mph and check engine light along with ABS/BAP light would not go off. Dealership updated software last year and still the PCM went out this week. Dealership changed PCM for 490.00. I think this should be under factory warranty. -
My 300C has a jerky transmission which is very troublesome. IT always occurs at a slow full stop and sometimes its noticeable in acceleration from a full stop. Everyone who rides in my car notices it. I have taken it in to two dealers 4 times and am always told there is nothing wrong with the transmission and had it in to an independent auto shop with the same conclusion. My car has very low mileage (8000). I love everything else about this car and it's my third 300. This problem did not exist for the first 6000 miles and it has since taken some of the joy out of the car. -
Software updates did not repair the problem!!! -
the pcm tcm problem repaired by dealer cost 100 dollars ded. because covered under factory warranty up to 75000 miles -
the car feel like it running over some speed brakes then it shift hard. -
The car shakes/shutters around 40mph. After a while the car would not shift after 3rd gear. My lights started coming on and off on their own as well as the AC did not blow cold air either. I let the car sit for a while and had to call AAA to jump start the vehicle. The AAA driver advised needed new battery. Once he put the new battery in the car ran fine for a while and the problems all cam eback. Brought it to a machanic and they think its the computer. -
Shudder or vibration around 40-50 mph. This car shifts into overdrive before 40 mph. I believe that it should shift into OD above 45. Will go after the PCM/TCM software update. 3.5L V6, auto. Trans shop diag it as torque converter clutch. est $890.00. Dealer stepped up and diag it as trans. Replaced it and reprogrammed PCM/TCM and did a relearn all for free. All is well. Chrysler sales managers can get stuff done. -
I have had the same problems listed here since I purchased the car. the dealership acted like they didn't know what it was. They flashed the computer and it continued to happen after a few days time. There was never a resolve for the "push/surge" forward. Now my car stutters, won't go over 20mph, and a whole plethora of other problems that the dealership can't figure out. -
My 300 AWD betan "surging" when arriving at full stop... upon stopping, the transmission would "surge" by taking a "push, or leap" then coming to a stop. Only doing so when cold at the beginning of the day or when sitting for a long time. Dealer "flashed" the computer and the problem was solved... however, before the "flash" and the "surging", this transmission was the smoothest shifting I have ever experienced... had to look at the tach to see when it shifted. Now the transmission does not "surge" when cold, but shifts like a truck. Warming up stops this phenomenon. I now have 10, 290 miles, and the "surge" is back, only it is now when warm, and occurs periodically. Maddening to say the least. -
2014 300 AWD here. Upon cold start, upshift from low to high gear very abrupt & delayed. Also, transmission jolts at times while cruising at constant speed, in the 40 to 50 mph range. -
lots of shuttering between gears, the tranny seam to shift up and down while going 40-50 -
shifts hard and has a delay when starting out. It also down shifts hard when slowing down -
Vehicle can't be shifted out of "Park." It often stalls at stops in traffic. -
bump to lower gears when coming to stop. -
1 week in trans shop. 3 weeks at dealership. Trans still not fixed. Blaming Chrysler for computer software problem. Very frustrated. -
Shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gears. Sometimes "shudders" a little too. -
Car won't change gears correctly. Sometimes won't go into reverse without restarting vehicle -
They say they fixed it but i will see on my drive to phoenix next week -
Transmission shudders when downshifting as coming to a stop. -
Vehicle slow and sluggish when accelerating from stop, red ttcking warning light blinking -
We have been dealing with this for over 2 years now and several $1,000 already invested. Nobod...
The new pcm was flashed for a 2.7 with ABS except the car does not have ABS therefore it does n...
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/...
At any speed my car will stall. I put it in neutral and restart the car with no problem. What c...
I took my 05 300c to the dealer and they say it is an instrument cluster causing my car to send...