Erratic Operation of Front Windshield Wipers on Plymouth Grand Voyager

A malfunctioning switch in the steering column can cause the front windshield wipers to self-activate or not turn off. A failed windshield switch will require replacement.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 144,666 (46,000–256,000)
3 model years affected: 1996, 1997, 1998
11 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 problem details
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager 169,000 mi,
My wipers turn on but do not stay on. They also do not return to the home position. I replaced the switch in the steering wheel column, but it didn't help. I still have this problem. Help...
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager 120,000 mi,
front wipers come on randomly when switch is off. Does one or two swipes then quits. happens very sporadically. Work fine when in use.
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager 256,000 mi,
Wipers come on by themselves and stops on their own
This problem has occurred for some time. In Oregon, this is unacceptable and a safety hazard! Plymouth should issue a recall for this if it has not already been sent. I have owned the car since new but never received a notice if it was sent.
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager 46,000 mi,
I still have the problem. I haven't been driving this Van because I have other vehicles. We would use this vehicle for highway travels mainly. I love this Van if not for that Windshield wiper switch.