Fuel Injectors May Leak and Cause Engine/Fuel Problems on Nissan Maxima

The fuel injectors can develop leaks on some models, causing the engine to run poorly or to become less fuel efficient.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 175,117 (100,000–230,000)
Engines affected: 3.0L V6 DOHC, 3.0L V6 SOHC
7 model years affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, more1994, 1996, 2002
18 people reported this problem
8 people shared problem details
1990 Nissan Maxima- 3.0L V6 SOHC160,000
Car suddenly began misfiring and jerking. I limped to a well known repair shop in my expensive town and the diagnosis was that the fuel injectors were shot. The repair estimate was $2,275 including $200 for each of the 6 injectors (new parts). The car is worth about $750 per Edmunds. I had it towed to a very reputable shop in the next town where real people live and shop. They were willing to use rebuilt fuel injectors, but said we had to replace deteriorated cables, hoses, gaskets as well. However, the cost with rebuilt injectors was under $900. So while they had the car I opted to have the brakes replaced and some hoses, so total cost with tax was about $1,400. More than I wanted to spend, but less than a down payment on a newer car--and no monthly payments. Hopefully, I will get one more year (and a little more economic recovery) out of this car.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiate
my car is stalling at stoplights i push the gas and it feels like the gas is not flowing properly. When ever I stop or if I'm coming to a stop, I have to press the brakes and the gas pedel at the same time to keep it from cutting off. Then I will be a slow take of and it fell like it is running out of gas.
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
1996 Nissan Maxima230,000
when driving for a while when coming to a stop the car jerk and cut off . i turn it back on and start back up
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
2002 Nissan Maxima- 3.0L V6 SOHC176,678
When try go u have easy ur foot of they gas then put to make it it loose pressure
Can't pass emissions
1994 Nissan Maxima- 3.0L V6 DOHC193,500
Everytime I change an injector; car runs great then same problem within hours.
1990 Nissan Maxima- 3.0L V6 SOHC189,000
My Maxima developed a bad fuel leak, the check engine light came on, and the car ran rough. The mechanic recommended replacing all 6 fuel injectors.
1991 Nissan Maxima- 3.0L V6 SOHC196,000
fuel line clamps leaking can not get to them on the way there put in.
car crank over good every things working only no power to fuel injector what can i check that g...
1989 Nissan Maxima SE...irregularly car looses gas power driving...at stoplight...stop and go.....
ive got a problem with this car have fuel to rail but there is not any power to the injectors.i...
when slowing down for stop light or stop sign engine stalls. Problem started about 2 weeks ago....
can the spark plugs cause the car to misfire