Fuel Injectors May Leak and Cause Engine/Fuel Problems on Nissan Maxima

Problem Description and Possible Solution

The fuel injectors can develop leaks on some models, causing the engine to run poorly or to become less fuel efficient.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 175,117 (100,000–230,000)
Engines affected: 3.0L V6 DOHC, 3.0L V6 SOHC
7 model years affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, more1994, 1996, 2002
19 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 comments
my car is stalling at stoplights i push the gas and it feels like the gas is not flowing properly. When ever I stop or if I'm coming to a stop, I have to press the brakes and the gas pedel at the same time to keep it from cutting off. Then I will be a slow take of and it fell like it is running out of gas.
Everytime I change an injector; car runs great then same problem within hours.
when driving for a while when coming to a stop the car jerk and cut off . i turn it back on and start back up
Car suddenly began misfiring and jerking. I limped to a well known repair shop in my expensive town and the diagnosis was that the fuel injectors were shot. The repair estimate was $2,275 including $200 for each of the 6 injectors (new parts). The car is worth about $750 per Edmunds. I had it towed to a very reputable shop in the next town where real people live and shop. They were willing to use rebuilt fuel injectors, but said we had to replace deteriorated cables, hoses, gaskets as well. However, the cost with rebuilt injectors was under $900. So while they had the car I opted to have the brakes replaced and some hoses, so total cost with tax was about $1,400. More than I wanted to spend, but less than a down payment on a newer car--and no monthly payments. Hopefully, I will get one more year (and a little more economic recovery) out of this car.
When try go u have easy ur foot of they gas then put to make it it loose pressure
Can't pass emissions
My Maxima developed a bad fuel leak, the check engine light came on, and the car ran rough. The mechanic recommended replacing all 6 fuel injectors.
fuel line clamps leaking can not get to them on the way there put in.