Car Problem Reports

14 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996

Engines Affected: 3.0L V6 DOHC, 3.0L V6 SOHC

Average Mileage: 164,071 mi (100,000 mi - 196,000 mi)

Verified

The fuel injectors can develop leaks on some models, causing the engine to run poorly or to become less fuel efficient.

• Visitor, , 3.0L V6 SOHC, 160,000 mi

Car suddenly began misfiring and jerking. I limped to a well known repair shop in my expensive town and the diagnosis was that the fuel injectors were shot. The repair estimate was $2,275 including $200 for each of the 6 injectors (new parts). The car is worth about $750 per Edmunds. I had it towed to a very reputable shop in the next town where real people live and shop. They were willing to use rebuilt fuel injectors, but said we had to replace deteriorated cables, hoses, gaskets as well. However, the cost with rebuilt injectors was under $900. So while they had the car I opted to have the brakes replaced and some hoses, so total cost with tax was about $1,400. More than I wanted to spend, but less than a down payment on a newer car--and no monthly payments. Hopefully, I will get one more year (and a little more economic recovery) out of this car.

• Visitor, , 3.0L V6 DOHC, 193,500 mi

Everytime I change an injector; car runs great then same problem within hours.

• slrichar, , 3.0L V6 SOHC, 189,000 mi

My Maxima developed a bad fuel leak, the check engine light came on, and the car ran rough. The mechanic recommended replacing all 6 fuel injectors.

• Visitor, , 3.0L V6 SOHC, 196,000 mi

fuel line clamps leaking can not get to them on the way there put in.