Nissan Maxima Problem Report

Nissan Maxima Fuel Injectors May Leak and Cause Engine/Fuel Problems

(17 reports)

The fuel injectors can develop leaks on some models, causing the engine to run poorly or to become less fuel efficient.

Car suddenly began misfiring and jerking. I limped to a well known repair shop in my expensive town and the diagnosis was that the fuel injectors were shot. The repair estimate was $2,275 including $200 for each of the 6 injectors (new parts). The car is worth about $750 per Edmunds. I had it towed to a very reputable shop in the next town where real people live and shop. They were willing to use rebuilt fuel injectors, but said we had to replace deteriorated cables, hoses, gaskets as well. However, the cost with rebuilt injectors was under $900. So while they had the car I opted to have the brakes replaced and some hoses, so total cost with tax was about $1,400. More than I wanted to spend, but less than a down payment on a newer car--and no monthly payments. Hopefully, I will get one more year (and a little more economic recovery) out of this car. -
my car is stalling at stoplights i push the gas and it feels like the gas is not flowing properly. When ever I stop or if I'm coming to a stop, I have to press the brakes and the gas pedel at the same time to keep it from cutting off. Then I will be a slow take of and it fell like it is running out of gas. -
when driving for a while when coming to a stop the car jerk and cut off . i turn it back on and start back up -
Can't pass emissions -
Everytime I change an injector; car runs great then same problem within hours. -
My Maxima developed a bad fuel leak, the check engine light came on, and the car ran rough. The mechanic recommended replacing all 6 fuel injectors. -
fuel line clamps leaking can not get to them on the way there put in. -
car crank over good every things working only no power to fuel injector what can i check that g...
1989 Nissan Maxima SE...irregularly car looses gas power driving...at stoplight...stop and go.....
ive got a problem with this car have fuel to rail but there is not any power to the injectors.i...
when slowing down for stop light or stop sign engine stalls. Problem started about 2 weeks ago....
can the spark plugs cause the car to misfire