Oldsmobile Intrigue Problem Report

Oldsmobile Intrigue Stalling Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor

(15 reports)

The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall intermittently, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate.

It's been replaced twice, at 95000 mi and three years later at 132000 mi. Both times starting became hit and miss and when it did start it had to crank for a while. -
I experienced this problem when it was just over 100,000 miles. The crank sensor was replaced and everything was fine after. The symptoms I experienced were: hard to start and stalling intermittently. -
Same problem. Had the sensor replaced, cost almost as much as car is worth -
replaced crank sensor -
check engine light comes on intermittently - code reads - cam shaft sensor replacement- Also the trans. is starting to shift rough in hot weather. another American car not designed for the long run. -
Won't start -
Diagnosed by our local garage (and by us reading the code with our own code reader). They replaced the crankshaft position sensor (don't know if it was OEM) and less than a year later it failed again. -
My car has been stalling out when I am driving down the road and there are times here it will turn over for long periods of time but not want to start when I try to restart the car. It I noticed it really does it when im at a red light or when slowing down to make a turn. -
Engine would turn over after periods of rest without issue. Car would stall ~5 minutes of driving later and would not turn over for ~15 minutes after. Took to mechanic and had crankshaft position sensor replaced. -
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/...
service engine light came on i took the car to local auto parts store and they read the codes a...
The crankshaft position sensor, ignition module, and/or powertrain control module (PCM) may fai...
my car keeps failing the emissions test. the computer reads that the O2 sensor an the erg valve...
replaced maf sensor and 0xy sensor, still runs bad .