Dashboard Gauges May Be Hard to See Due to LED Problems on Lexus SC300

There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 152,646 (55,000–261,000)
9 model years affected: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, more1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
40 people reported this problem
23 people shared problem details
1995 Lexus SC300160,500
my needles crapped on me today tooo...
1992 Lexus SC300195,678
Tach and speed needles are orange when car is started. Starts flickering and then car performance drops off. Looking for a cure
1996 Lexus SC30075,000
Yup. Lights on the dash go out. Currently don't have the light for my gas gauge and some of the lights on the speedometer don't work either. Mechanic wanted nearly $500 to fix it.
1993 Lexus SC300227,489
I had the same issue until I went to ebay and found shopandsave2000 store. He made me a set of NEW LED needles and they work better the what came on the car. I hope that anyone that reads this and has the same issue will look up and do the same. Only a $50.00 fix and you may get them in the colors that you wont. This will work on all sc300 up to 96.
1993 Lexus SC300232,322
gas & rpm needle have no light. Spent $700.00 to repair.
I am just reading up on it I saw a youtube on it and I am going to try it this weekend hopefully
1995 Lexus SC300101,500
some of the numbers on the odometer and the rpm light up and some don't not sure what that is also when on the highway it won't shift into the next gear after 55 mph
Dashboard gauges are turning black and then going out entirely instead of staying orange/red. Cannot see at night.
1999 Lexus SC300228,000
lights not illuminated at temp control.
1992 Lexus SC30060,000
Speed and tac pins buned out. Dash lights very dim. Expensive repair!!! Power steering hose replaced $985.00 cost for a hose. Unbelieveable!!!!!!
1992 Lexus SC30062,000
1996 Lexus SC300175,000
dashboard lights dimming and area turning black
1993 Lexus SC300176,000
I just bought this car and I'm thrilled that it has the complete options package. Everything works on the car except a couple of minor issues. The LED lights in the TAC and speedometer needles dont work. They are black and hard to see. It would be great if someone posts how they went about fixing this.
had never work since I got the car had the car for a year
All other lights work on dash, but the led numbers are only visible under limited conditions. The dash lighting knob has no effect on led, just the regular bulbs.
1995 Lexus SC300171,000
Left side of speedometer and other dashboard gagues out, guess I have to keep those needles further to the right!
1992 Lexus SC300224,000
needles are dark and hard to see. almost impossible at night.
1992 Lexus SC30090,000
My needles have also burned out and are in need of expensive replacement, which I am still saving for.
1992 Lexus SC30055,000
My speedometer flourescent needle flickered and sometimes went out sporadically. Full gauge replacement (their initial proposal) would be super expensive, so I had Lexus Santa Monica switch the tach needle for the defective speedometer needle for less than half the price. It's still working fine at my current 68K miles.
1995 Lexus SC300261,000
Heating and A/C dash lights on console have slowly gone out...
I have a problem in my car with the diagnosis port under the dash. I was wondering if it is a k...
fuel gauge ( digital ) doesn`t work , always showing empty. sending unit is OK .
If you have any problems with cluster/climate.please text or email me at kevinluu69@yahoo.com...
My car started fine and then the other day went out to start it and wouldn't start. Checked th...
when my problem started I had turned off my car and it would not start like it was out of gas....