Car Problem Reports

Lexus SC300 Problem
39 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000

Average Mileage: 152,646 mi (55,000 mi - 261,000 mi)

Verified

There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.

• Visitor, , 160,500 mi

my needles crapped on me today tooo...

• Visitor, , 195,678 mi

Tach and speed needles are orange when car is started. Starts flickering and then car performance drops off. Looking for a cure

• Visitor, , 101,500 mi

some of the numbers on the odometer and the rpm light up and some don't not sure what that is

also when on the highway it won't shift into the next gear after 55 mph

•  Rookie

Dashboard gauges are turning black and then going out entirely instead of staying orange/red. Cannot see at night.

• Visitor, , 232,322 mi

gas & rpm needle have no light. Spent $700.00 to repair.

• Visitor, , 228,000 mi

lights not illuminated at temp control.

• Visitor, , 227,489 mi

I had the same issue until I went to ebay and found shopandsave2000 store. He made me a set of NEW LED needles and they work better the what came on the car. I hope that anyone that reads this and has the same issue will look up and do the same. Only a $50.00 fix and you may get them in the colors that you wont. This will work on all sc300 up to 96.

•  Rookie

I am just reading up on it I saw a youtube on it and I am going to try it this weekend hopefully

• Visitor, , 75,000 mi

Yup. Lights on the dash go out. Currently don't have the light for my gas gauge and some of the lights on the speedometer don't work either. Mechanic wanted nearly $500 to fix it.

• Visitor, , 60,000 mi

Speed and tac pins buned out. Dash lights very dim. Expensive repair!!! Power steering hose replaced $985.00 cost for a hose. Unbelieveable!!!!!!

+ See more reports