Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Went to replace coolant temp sensor. Cracked the housing, what do I replace now?

(1999 Oldsmobile Alero)
in Surprise, AZ on November 29, 2015
I have pictures
Ask a Question
Displaying 2 answers & 4 comments
Popular Answer
on November 29, 2015
I HOPE you don't mean the 'lower intake manifold' ..the part the sensor screws into? ... Are you saying the housing/outlet that the radiator hose connects to? ... Man that DIY auto repair really saves money don't it....
Sign in to reply
on November 30, 2015
yeap sure does,right down next to the throttle do yeap, "do not over tighten"
on November 30, 2015
Yup, its what the water outlet mounts up to.So the part I need to replace now is part of the lower intake manifold? X_x the new sensor (OEM PN 15326386) is longer (1/4") and has deeper threads (.58" vs .51") than the one that was in there. it cracked it after 4 finger turn and 3 using 17ft lbs like ALLDATA recommended.
on September 13, 2017
What did u have to replace because I have 1999 chevy monte carlo 3.1 and I cracked the housing to do I have to replace the whole lower manifold
on November 29, 2015
don't need pictures,can't post pictures here!NEED ENGINE SIZE.
Sign in to reply
on November 29, 2015
3.4 L 3400 SFI
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Car runs but hesitates when you give it gas, exhaust smells foul, changed the plugs and wires
A few hours later turned over fine would not start?
Didn't find what you were looking for?