Q: Design problem- Mice and small rodents can get in the heater box to stop air flo on 2007 Nissan Versa

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
Dealership says they have this problem frequently. It could be fixed by putting hardware cloth (wire) under the heater box. I had the heater replaced by the dealer but my regular mechanic said that they should have put a screen over the hole that the mice get in.
Since I live in the country, I will probably not buy another Nisson product. I had the same problem with my 87 Sentra.
(2) Answers
(3) Comments
Thank you for your reply. I keep DCon under the hood. Don't want to kill the cat. Also the cat would probably become either coyote food or fox food. I will try putting peppermint oil in the heater to repel mice.
Well at least it will smell nice,someone should come up with a product to keep these
pest out of vehciles.I've seen LOTS of damage to LOTS of different vehciles.Some
runing in the hundreds of $.If you find anything that workes let us know!
Maybe we will get rich.
| |
this can happen on any car i have a toyota and have seen cust with several mice issues. you can't stop the little guys
Thank you. I guess I will just have to live with it for a while and learn how to clean out the heater box by myself. I do keep D Con under the hood. I have less the 35000 miles on the car.
Qualified Local Nissan Shops