Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Varnish buildup in engine may cause ticking noise
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Worn Speed Sensor Driven Gear May Cause Speedometer to Stop Working
- How do I fix my gas needle and speedometer ??
- When driving alitttle before half throttle the car bougs down its a standard it.
- How much is the labor per hour for mechanics in Oregon no specialties
- What is the average cost to repair both transmission pan gaskets
- Will a bad timing belt tensioner cause the 3.2 DOHC V6 to overheat?
Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Varnish build up in the engine can cause one or more hydraulic lash adjusters to stick and cause a ticking noise in the engine. The noisy hydraulic lifter will need to be located and cleaned to stop the noise.
Honda Passport Questions
My gas needle blinks empty even after I fill up. My speedometer doesn't work one bit and my mileage either.
does it in all gears I've replaced wires plugs fuelfiler oxygen sensor an airfilter any ideas does it always
Honda Passport Recalls
Honda Passport Reviews
I have a 2000 Honda Passport. I bought it used in '03 with about 50K miles on it. I have put less than 100K miles on it since then and already I have had to replace both the engine AND the transmission. This car has a nice interior, and looks classy, but without the function of the two main working components and nearly $8,000 of repair later, I wish I could take this hose beast out to the back...
I love my 1997 Honda Passport EX, it's 4 wheel drive if I ever need it. It has a sunroof/moonroof which I have never used due to the fact that it has a round hand crank to open, don't mind that part except it will only "lift up" about 2 - 3 inches in the "open" position. Now that it's older, it leaks when it rains. NOT GOOD. I would love for anyone out there to please let me know of any...
i just bought my 1996 Honda passport the heating and A/C work fine, it does leak when raining from the front just above the windshild due to some rust on the top of the windshild frame, other than that it seems to be a good vehicle. so far good on gas and does not leak any oil, feels more like a late 90's jeep. oh and there are no freakin cup holders And it climbs and mudds alot better tha...