1998 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Rear Hatch Won't Open Due to Broken Hatch Button
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- My driver side and passenger doors will not open from the outside
- Im buying a 98 passport but its leaking a red fluid. he said he sent it out to
- I have a 1998 honda passport im having fuel problemsnew pump but none being pump
- my car will not turn over but has power an acts like its in gear how do i fix
1998 Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Certain models may have a vibration issue at highway speeds that could be due to uneven tire pressures, tire rim out of specs, wheels out of balance, AC compressor bracket bolts not torqued correctly, misalignment of the steering shaft coupler, improper ride height, or wheel alignment out of adjustment. A qualified technician is needed to sort out these problems and correct them.
1998 Honda Passport Questions
get it fixed and it should be fine. Is that a red flag not to buy. I haven't been able to test drive it yet
Why is it when i put my passport in reverse or drive it starts shaking.... and then feels like it wants to die o
1998 Honda Passport Recalls
1998 Honda Passport Reviews
Pros : Good-looking vehicle. Very quick for an SUV. The 24 valve DOHC V6 is a great motor - never any trouble in 180K. Handles pretty well for an SUV, too. 4WD is easy and effective. ABS 4-wheel-disc brakes work well. Cons: Has a bit of a noisy ride. Body parts (especially the door skins) are made from paper-thin metal. (every one I've ever seen has a hundred dings) Hood hinges rattle....
98 Honda Passport LX great value. Now has just under 300,000 miles and I never provided regular maintenance so I definitely got my money's worth. AC went out few years ago (did not fix b/c cost was almost as much as the value of the vehicle) and have replaced alternator twice over its lifetime. Now, ts leaking oil pretty bad from underneath the timing cover and trying to decide if further ...
i have 98 honda passport it was working just fine when you turn on the ignition everything turns on but the passport my man put a wire under where the passenger side and put a turn on switch can you help me with this problem