1999 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Rear Hatch Won't Open Due to Broken Hatch Button
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
1999 Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Certain models may have a vibration issue at highway speeds that could be due to uneven tire pressures, tire rim out of specs, wheels out of balance, AC compressor bracket bolts not torqued correctly, misalignment of the steering shaft coupler, improper ride height, or wheel alignment out of adjustment. A qualified technician is needed to sort out these problems and correct them.
1999 Honda Passport Questions
what kind of freon do I buy for aircondition charge
I get the code p1171 on my odb2 machine which means Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Sign. 2 Range/Performance. How would this cause my car to run? and how do I go about fixing this problem?
My 99 passport 2wd has a mysterious knock when turning sharply. It will only do it once if you stay in drive. If you go in reverese it will do it once with a sharp turn. After examining the ball joints, tierod ends, and the sway bar, I saw that the ball joints were shot, tierod ends were ok, but ...