1997 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Honda Passport
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Honda Passport Problems
Varnish build up in the engine can cause one or more hydraulic lash adjusters to stick and cause a ticking noise in the engine. The noisy hydraulic lifter will need to be located and cleaned to stop the noise.
Dry suspension components can cause a spring-type pop when it moves. Lubricating the suspension will stop the noise.
1997 Honda Passport Questions
how to replace hydrolic clutch
can i put a bigger thermostat in it.any helpfull tips would be great
1997 Honda Passport Reviews
I love my 1997 Honda Passport EX, it's 4 wheel drive if I ever need it. It has a sunroof/moonroof which I have never used due to the fact that it has a round hand crank to open, don't mind that part except it will only "lift up" about 2 - 3 inches in the "open" position. Now that it's older, it leaks when it rains. NOT GOOD. I would love for anyone out there to please let me know of any...
I hate this vehicle it had fourty thousand on it when brought it BAD CHOICE. I had to havce the Transmission, altenator, catalytic converter, air conditioning, and get the engine rebuilt. So many more things, oh yea it leaks like a sixtys corvair remember those. Water leaks in from the sun/moon roof luckily I can finally replace it now, have spent way too much money keeping it running. Why you ...
This was my first Honda and it sure didn't live up to the expectations I had. I later found out it's an Isuzu Rodeo! The engine and transmission leaked oil, and the alternator went out. It didn't have very good power and didn't handle well. Since it really is an Isuzu, I may try Honda again, but I'll make sure it's really a Honda!