1994 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Varnish buildup in engine may cause ticking noise
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Worn Speed Sensor Driven Gear May Cause Speedometer to Stop Working
- Dry suspension components may cause spring-type pop when it moves
- my check engine light will come on after a while but will turn off when I stop.
- What is the procedure to replace the reverse light switch on a 5spd?
- lost timeing mark location ,after lineing the marks up and replaceing the belt I
- y do my brakes lock when i use them how u normally should?
- is there a freeze plug on back of engine and how to take it out. I have a leak .
1994 Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Varnish build up in the engine can cause one or more hydraulic lash adjusters to stick and cause a ticking noise in the engine. The noisy hydraulic lifter will need to be located and cleaned to stop the noise.
1994 Honda Passport Questions
My reverse lights have become 2nd/3rd gear lights. From what I can find online, this is a common problem on older Passports/Isuzu Rodeos (same car), and on the 3.2L with a 5spd manual like mine, the sensor is $10 and is located "on top of the transmission". Can't find any more info....
after replaceingthe belt I rotated the engine twice with no problem ,but the timeing marks did not line back up.how do you know if it is timed right
1994 Honda Passport Recalls
1994 Honda Passport Reviews
I have owned this 1994 Passport since new. This Passport has been an excellent vehicle. 1. Body, Interior & Misc. a. Interior does not have cup holders. b. Interior todate is original and like new. Very little wear. c. Luggage rack. The luggage rack could be a little stronger with longer primary slide rails. 2. Brakes a. Brakes are strong. Smooth brakin...
I have my Honda Passport since 1994,never had a problem with my car,but now, I loosing presser on my manual transmission,it leaks oil,what can it be,and how can I fix it
94' Passport bought 3 yrs ago as my first car. It had 130k miles on it then and now its at 150k. Since I bought it, its needed new exhaust, alternator, thermostat, and recently a $300 fuel pump since everything underneath rusted away and leaked gas. Before I bought it, somebody stole the Cat Converter. I love this truck, but it's starting to suck up all my cash :(