2001 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Rear Hatch Won't Open Due to Broken Hatch Button
- Check Engine Light and Erratic Fuel Gauge Operation
2001 Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Certain models may have a vibration issue at highway speeds that could be due to uneven tire pressures, tire rim out of specs, wheels out of balance, AC compressor bracket bolts not torqued correctly, misalignment of the steering shaft coupler, improper ride height, or wheel alignment out of adjustment. A qualified technician is needed to sort out these problems and correct them.
2001 Honda Passport Questions
The transmission went out and it has several other issues. Is it worth it to replace this or should we just start over trying to find another one?
2001 Honda Passport Recalls
The rear suspension lower link bracket may corrode prematurely and fail, detaching from the vehicle. Dealers will install a reinforcement bracket free of charge to resolve the concern.