2000 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Check Engine Light and Erratic Fuel Gauge Operation
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- I just got a 2000 Honda passport the battery is dead but cannot open the hood.
- the reservoir cap melted spilling fluid causing smoke. Why and what should I do?
- Keeps cutting off when i idle and hesitates when running also making engine ligh
- How to fix a sensor problem?
- Will a bad timing belt tensioner cause the 3.2 DOHC V6 to overheat?
2000 Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Certain models may have a vibration issue at highway speeds that could be due to uneven tire pressures, tire rim out of specs, wheels out of balance, AC compressor bracket bolts not torqued correctly, misalignment of the steering shaft coupler, improper ride height, or wheel alignment out of adjustment. A qualified technician is needed to sort out these problems and correct them.
2000 Honda Passport Questions
My car runs, but when I press the gas it turns off. I've taken it to the mechanic and they tested it in a scanner but it detects different sensors at different times that is tested. Please help, I'm a woman and I don't know much about this stuff.
it was low on fluid so I added more fluid
2000 Honda Passport Recalls
The rear suspension lower link bracket may corrode prematurely and fail, detaching from the vehicle. Dealers will install a reinforcement bracket free of charge to resolve the concern.
2000 Honda Passport Reviews
I have a 2000 Honda Passport. I bought it used in '03 with about 50K miles on it. I have put less than 100K miles on it since then and already I have had to replace both the engine AND the transmission. This car has a nice interior, and looks classy, but without the function of the two main working components and nearly $8,000 of repair later, I wish I could take this hose beast out to the back...
The day I drove my passport of the lot my trouble began. The fuel sensor went out 400., the windshield wiper on the back window, and the other sensors that also went out lite my dashboard up like a christmas tree. One day my motor started ticking and sure enough there was no oil in the transmission, although I had recently changed it. No oil was in my driveway to give me any indication of troub...