2000 Honda Passport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Honda Passport
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- Right motor mount may hit chassis and cause vibration at idle
- Where is the speed sensor located on a 2000 honda passport v6?
- My 2000 Passport, same as 2000 Rodeo, won't start. Engine cranks but no spark.
- Just changed motor in my 2000 Passport now wont shift right. Any ideas of why?
- a 2000 Honda Passport will not shift out of first gear
- my speedometer wasn't working
2000 Honda Passport Problems
On automatic transmissions the accumulator cover can leak due to failed o-rings. Replacing the o-rings and cover will address this issue.
Certain models may have a vibration issue at highway speeds that could be due to uneven tire pressures, tire rim out of specs, wheels out of balance, AC compressor bracket bolts not torqued correctly, misalignment of the steering shaft coupler, improper ride height, or wheel alignment out of adjustment. A qualified technician is needed to sort out these problems and correct them.
2000 Honda Passport Questions
it was low on fluid so I added more fluid
I bought a speed sensor from the junk yard. that worked for a month then the speedometer would jump around and then quit altogether.i just bought a brand new one from auto zone and that didn't fix the speedometer. is there something else? could I have bought a bad sensor?
and it moves very slow and shakes a little bit
2000 Honda Passport Reviews
I have a 2000 Honda Passport. I bought it used in '03 with about 50K miles on it. I have put less than 100K miles on it since then and already I have had to replace both the engine AND the transmission. This car has a nice interior, and looks classy, but without the function of the two main working components and nearly $8,000 of repair later, I wish I could take this hose beast out to the back...
The day I drove my passport of the lot my trouble began. The fuel sensor went out 400., the windshield wiper on the back window, and the other sensors that also went out lite my dashboard up like a christmas tree. One day my motor started ticking and sure enough there was no oil in the transmission, although I had recently changed it. No oil was in my driveway to give me any indication of troub...