GMC Sonoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Sonoma
- When idling or probably while driving I have an engine coolant leak
- My truck won't go over 30 I unclogged the converter and it won't go over 30
- antilock and brake lamp both come on intermittently .
- What would cause the temperature gauge and heater to quit working at the same ti
- My 97 Sonoma shifts hard when I put it in drive are neutral. It jerks a little w
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
GMC Sonoma Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
GMC Sonoma Questions
This is a 1999 GMC Sonoma 2.2 4cylinder engine,both of these quit working at the same time.
Should the iol pump be changed or not??
Just changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, and flushed radiator. Ran fine for a day then this. Checked vacuum lines and they are fine check engine light on as well.
GMC Sonoma Recalls
Vehicles may have an air bag warning label with incorrect statements. This is against the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. Owners will be sent corrected labels and installation instructions. The recall began June 4, 2004. The GM recall number is 04021.
The payload as listed on the vehicle certification label exceeds the actual limitations of the vehicle. If the weight limitations of the vehicle are exceeded, the vehicle will not operate as designed, and may cause a safety issue. Owners will be sent a revised vehicle certification label that is accurate.
GMC Sonoma Reviews
Have had the Ext Cab V6 engine model since new (now 91,000 miles). Now have problem with ABS LIGHT on dash - no one knows what to do to fix it. Have replaced the 3rd door latch 3 times - running lights go off when direction signal is on - but seems everyone has the same problem and GM does nothing to remedy it. Do routine maintenance and it will run forever, I hope. Would rather spend a couple ...
My 4wd Sonoma has been an excelent truck. The engine has a bit of a rough idle (from new) but runs strong and gets OK gas mileage. Front brakes wear out on the early side and now I have developed a noise in the front end, maybe worn control arm bushings. The only major repair has been a fuel pump replacement at 70k.
I have a 97 gmc sonoma and it stalls out at times while driving. the mechanic can't find the reason for it happening. He thought it was the module so he changed it but it stalled out again. I suggested that it might be the fuel filter but he said that was not possible. Any suggestions?